Nice fkn Ballad

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
Pretty ironic that Anthrax would parody ballads and then write record and release some on latter albums.

Anyway, I think Danny's solo on here is a bit underrated. He turns the song from a joke to a soulful expression and then the song becomes a joke again after the solo.

Lyrically aside, I think it's eons better than Bare. And right up there with Safe Home, a toast to the extras. Like I said earlier, I think Spitz's solo here is criminally ignored. Great tone, lyrical melody and technique. It's like a classic Anthrax misstep. They decide to mock 80's power ballads by writing a lyrically goofball song and then throw it almost as an afterthought on an EP. Radio stations at the time might have given it some attention had they taken a more serious approach. Ah fuck it..they were still young at the time. They had to break their ballad cherry at some point. Right ?

Where I live Anthrax is almost never played on the radio. Except for a few days ago, it was shortly past 4:20pm and I was relaxing (If you know what I mean) when Bring The Noise came on. :headbang: Hardly ever hear them on that station, the only time they play heavy stuff is on their weekend metal show.

I always took it as a funny song, never dare compare it to Bare or Safe Home. Actually I think this is the first song I learned on guitar. Only the basic chords, of course. And yes, the solo is great here.

Another song from Killer B's that got my non-metal friends hooked to ANTHRAX ...for awhile. This one & Posse.