NICK BARKER Confirmed For DEATH Tribute CD

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
from BLABBERMOUTH via james murphy:

NICK BARKER Confirmed For DEATH Tribute CD - Mar. 10, 2004

Guitarist James Murphy (ex-DEATH, OBITUARY, TESTAMENT) has issued the following update regarding the status of the upcoming tribute CD, "Within The Mind - In Homage To The Musical Legacy Of Chuck Schuldiner":

"On Saturday, March 6th I was able to confirm a new guest for the 'Within The Mind' tribute to Chuck Schuldiner: Nick Barker (BRUJERIA, ex-DIMMU BORGIR, CRADLE OF FILTH) will perform drums on at least one song for the tribute. Sorry that I can't give any more details at this time since we did not decide on a track just yet.

"Anyone wishing to see a bit of the session that was completed a couple weeks ago with Richard Christy [ICED EARTH, ex-DEATH, CONTROL DENIED] should go to the 'Within The Mind' site: www.deathtribute.com and navigate to the sounds page. There we have posted two brief Quicktime movies from the session. Though the quality is poor, you can still get a sneak peak into what's happening with the tribute. In the first clip you will see and hear some of Richard's drums going to tape live from the perspective of the mixing console, complete with a scratch guitar track being played by myself. In the second, the point of view moves to the live room where you will see Richard and laying down tracks with me once again supplying a guide track, though you will only hear drums as the guitar is only heard in our headphones and at the mixing console. You will need Quicktime player, available for free download on the net."

Nick Barker is one of my favorite drummers in all of metal (along with Inferno from Behemoth and, of course, Flo from Cryptopsy), so that's fucking great. He'd prolly sound really good on a Pull the Plug tribute; I've always liked the drums in that song.

And btw, isn't Nick EX-Cradle of Filth and still in Dimmu, not the other way around? And don't forget Lock Up (http://www.lockup666.com/).