Nick Barker Out Of Dimmu Borgir

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
This is some shit....

Wonder if it was his coke habit... or maybe he just finally lost it and beat the shit out of a band member, thinking they were his drums... :D

Here's the press release the band sent out today..

Dear all,
Well the rumors are well and truly out, please find following a statement from Dimmu Borgir, please make people aware that the statement says it all and they will answer all questions regarding this with refer to statement.
We are busy confirming various tours for the forthcoming period and the band will carry on with the promoting of the new album

And now for the statement.

"Nicholas has been removed from the line up of Dimmu Borgir. A session drummer will be used in the future. Don't waste your time speculating why, we have already moved on. See you on the road very soon! - The boyz".

light.jpg

Maybe Simen will follow suit and get the fuck out and actually play in a band that uses his talents.

yeah, I still don't get it. He quits Borknagar, where he was the vocalist, to join Dimmu where is just the bass player and occasionally sings.

I guess he had some bills to pay. A shame really, seeing how he quit the better band.

Thanks man. Appreshumateit.

I love Quintessence. I couldn't get into The Archaic Course. "The Presence is Ominous" and "Colossus" are two of Borknagar's best songs, and could not be replicated by any other singer.

Borknagar is the better band as well. If he wants to make money through Dimmu then that's fine by me, but how does that prevent him from still doing Borknagar on the side? He surely doesn't need a full time job to distract from playing music, so I guess Dimmu keeps him busy with all their world tours etc.

Real shame, although, as you know, I really like Empiricism with Vintersorg anyway.

JayKeeley said:
If he wants to make money through Dimmu then that's fine by me, but how does that prevent him from still doing Borknagar on the side? .

If I'm not mistaken, Oystein gave him an ultimatum and made him choose as he wanted Borknagar to be a full time touring band. If you ask me, Simen made the wise choice as Borknagar hasn't been around these parts since the Emperor IX Equilibrium tour!!

Vintersorg did better than I thought he would. I'm not a big fan of his solo band, but he fit well with Borknagar. Still, I'd like SImen back in the band or at least fronting another metal band.

And you better get ready, because the next Borknagar album will be Vintersorg's last. 2 with Garm, 2 with Simen, possibly 2 with Vintersorg. Who's next? Ihsahn?

Dreamlord said:
"The Presence is Ominous" and "Colossus" are two of Borknagar's best songs, and could not be replicated by any other singer.

Definately. I have Quintessence and Empiricism and need to just sit down and listen to both all the way through. I don't think I'm givin 'em enough attention.

I like both releases. Surprisingly, I find The Archaic Course to be the weakest Borknagar release. I just can't get into it.