Nightfall Overture: Limited Tour Edition

riceavenger

New Metal Member
Aug 8, 2006
I recieved my copy of Nightfall Overture from The End yesterday. The album kicked total ass, but something on the cover caught my attention. At the bottom said, I saw the words "Limited European Tour Edition - This is one of only 500 copies ever made". I believe the album was released back in 2005 and I find it a little hard to believe that there would still be copies of it left over after all this time. So what gives?

Btw, is there a regular edition as well, or it the "european tour" edition the only one available?

As far as I know the figure is accurate. There was going to be a regular edition released this year, but last I heard, I got the impression that Black Mark wasn't really interested in releasing a regular version of it.

You'd be amazed at how little some bands sell. Especially bands from far away places like Sweden that have very little distro. Is some little kid in Turdville, North Dakota gonna send off $17 to Sweden to get that album or is he going to download it (and yes, it has been on those shitty torrent sites)?

As sad as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if 500 of those haven't sold out yet.

Jesus christ, this still hasn't sold out yet? What the fuck is wrong with people these days?

Cookie-cutter metalcore bands are selling thousands of albums a month, but Nightingale can't sell 500 CDs in a year?

When music is like air, people just don't give a shit. They don't invest in bands, they don't have a passion for music. It means nothing to them while they can just take it. It's free. Like air.

i love this album... while i totally appreciate BOTH versions of all the old songs, the new track is killer! way better than anything off of "invisible" imo

I don't have a lot of funds, and I do download a lot of music (gasp) but I at least try to buy the stuff I love whenever I get money. Instead of buying Nightfall Overture, I got Alive Again, and Invisible and the Closing Chronicles! I guess I decided to get some of the songs in their original place instead of the re-recording compilation eh?

Eternal is still my favorite Nightingale song. ^_^

Howdy folkz. I am quite sure the Nightfall Overture album will never be re-released. It´s killing me, because it really represents what Nightingale is to me. But if you really want it, you got it. I still have copies..

Dan

Demilich said:
i love this album... while i totally appreciate BOTH versions of all the old songs, the new track is killer! way better than anything off of "invisible" imo

No way! I like the song, but it would have made only the 25th percentile (at the very most) had it appeared on invisible. Invisible PWN3S!!!!! :cool:

Tumn said:
Kids are fed stupid music, not good music, that's why.
hence my comment above! Spread the word, Swanö is the man!! Nearly everyone I've shown his stuff to has instantly become a huge fan, they just need to hear about him

Yeah Kenneth, I've converted so many people and gotten them to buy lots of albums, mainly through Nightingale since they can't handle the heavy stuff like EoS. :)

I told a Nightingale fan last night of the glory that is Moontower, and after hearing it his quoted response is:

its funny how dan swano sings in a laid-back melodic band like Nightingale and does all this crazy death stuff

let him listen to Attention, A collection of worlds and the first EoS and then tell him it was all made in 1 year when Dan was still underage :D

Well, I just bought a second copy of this from The End Records mailorder. Maybe I'll give it to a friend. In any case, it makes me pretty fuckin irritated that this album hasn't sold out yet, because it's absolutely fantastic.

Kenneth R. said:
lets sell it out :D

Yeah, I would advise anyone who doesn't have a copy yet to buy one. Even if you have a copy, get another and give it to someone who might enjoy it, or just keep it knowing that it'll be a collector's item.

What? Did all the copies get sent to The End? Maybe thats why they havent sold out, they werent spread around enough. Yes, Americans especially dont have good taste- Metal heads are still a minority.