Nightfall Overture: Why Stop?

Yes, new title. :) If this works I'll be a happy guy.
Do you really think the HIM covers would be a good idea???
Dan's songs on the Black Mark tributes rule. As covers and as orinials.

yeah, of course I think it would be a good idea, otherwise I wouldn´t have written it. Those are very_good songs, and if I think, Dan makes The Police sound better, which I only like a little, how much greater it must be them covering another band that I find awesome? It´s a double plus :D
I probably won´t have the CD so soon, EU-money transfer takes some days, and sending from Austria, too, so I can tell only next week :)

I say leave the oldies alone now and go for some new tunes instead. The Nightfall Overture album was amazing, but to re-record an entire album like TBS would be unneccessary. We already have that album in the version we've all come to enjoy so much. A remake couldn't possibly be as good as the original album, since the original is a great part in the evolution of Nightingale (as is all the other albums).

I too love the sound of the new albums, but there is something special about TBS with it's drum machine and darker sound. I would seriously enjoy seeing some darker songs in the vein of TBS on the next release (although with real drums, cause it's cooler :) ).

I want new material :D

By the way: Who suggested remaking Crimson? YAaarrrr! The Pirates will eat your heart, blasphemer!

Protected Witness said:
Breathing Shadow isn't all drum machine though, is it? I thought some songs had real drums, some had the machine, and some had both.

Yes, some had real drums. The first and the last song, and Alone atleast.

btw Niel, it delays with the CD for you. The singer still hasn't sung a note. But it comes, one day. :cool:

I just got Nightfall Overture yesterday, and it's awesome! It features a lot of my favorite Nightingale songs, "Alonely", "I Return", etc. "Better Safe than Sorry" is a fantastic song, and I'm glad he added it. Great record.

I don't care what anyone says, after a ton of listens over the past few months I stand by my original statement! It would be amazing to hear every single song on the first album redone in this manner! It would not take away from the original songs, nor would it not sound right in the newer Nightingale style. I don't care.

Both versions would be amazing!!

Does anyone know where you can buy the album?? I Live in Sweden, gothenburg.

Is it ever going to be released through a label? I don't have a credit card and I'm not feeling too good about sending cash via mail, even if it'd go just from Finland to Sweden, so getting it from Dan is a bit hard :(

Or does this giro transfer exist in Sweden/work internationally? Like uh, you have Nordea there? So I could just use the machine to transfer the moneys from my account to Dan's..?

There are plans to release this officially, but I`m not sure when exactly.

Of course giro transfer exists in Sweden, too ;) And Nordea exists in Finland, Sweden and Denmark at least. Anyway, you don´t need to have two of the same banks to transfer money ;)
You would need from Dan the bank information for international bank transfer, with IBAN-code and BIC number (ask from your own bank beforehand which info is needed for the transfer, like adress etc, maybe too). It could cost fees because Sweden is not within the Euro-Zone. Still, I say that sending cash in a letter, well hidden between some sheets of paper, and possibly coins taped to cardboard, is very safe. Did that couple of times and it always worked. I mean of course not sending tons of money, but up to 50 Euro I wouldn´t worry.

(A credit card wouldn´t help in this case because I don´t think that normal people are allowed to bill other people´s cards, only shops etc can do that. )

Yep, but paypal is very risky (www.paypalsucks.com). If the receiver of an item claims it didn´t arrive, paypal can freeze pretty easily the account of the seller. And concerning proves and solving such a problem, from what I read on ebay-forums on paypal, it´s like speaking to a north corean dictator, when trying to deal with paypal administration. Paypal is a bank where you have no rights. Of course, I do acknowledge that thousands of people seem to use it without any problems and that real banks can be complicated, too.

On another note, I got that photo of your avatar, too, very nice :) So it´s your child?

fireangel said:
Yep, but paypal is very risky (www.paypalsucks.com). If the receiver of an item claims it didn´t arrive, paypal can freeze pretty easily the account of the seller. And concerning proves and solving such a problem, from what I read on ebay-forums on paypal, it´s like speaking to a north corean dictator, when trying to deal with paypal administration. Paypal is a bank where you have no rights. Of course, I do acknowledge that thousands of people seem to use it without any problems and that real banks can be complicated, too.
Wow! I had no idea it was that bad. I haven't had any problems so far, but then again, I've only used it three times. The website has really interesting info. Thanks for the tip.

fireangel said:
On another note, I got that photo of your avatar, too, very nice :) So it´s your child?
Thanks. :) Yes. That's my son and Dan.

That site was made by angry people! Hahaha. I've never had a problem with Paypal and I've been using it since day one. I, too, saw that website and did take precautions. I opened a new savings account and the only thing I use it for is transferring money back and forth through paypal. If someone pays me, I transfer the money, once it hits that account I transfer it to another account. Therefore, if paypal ever does something these people claim they do, there won't be anything in that account and I could care less.

I wouldn't be concerned with it.

Stilgar said:
Wow! I had no idea it was that bad. I haven't had any problems so far, but then again, I've only used it three times. The website has really interesting info. Thanks for the tip.

You´re welcome. And it´s also partly true what Eyesore says, if you do take a lot of precautions, first of all having a completely separated bank account and all that, you can prevent much trouble. But it´s rare that people do all this, or even consider those worst cases, and when you have a lot of money on your paypal account, and some bad luck, it can be frozen for ages. Or it´s transferred back to a betraying buyer who has then both what you sold and the paid money. So when you use it, it´s better to be very aware and careful.

Stilgar said:
Thanks. :) Yes. That's my son and Dan.

yeah, I heard that from a very proud Dan, about his youngest fan visiting ;)
Good that the next generation gets already great music, well done :D