Nightfall Overture ltd

christer

Apr 20, 2005
Örebro, SWEDEN
Thank's for the signed cd Dan... :Spin:

Finally, the "oldies" re-recorded, this is great... Just to hear some of the songs from "The Breathing Shadow" (my favourite album!!) performed with all the real instruments makes my day.

So Dan & co, if you find the time and motivation for it, please re-record the whole "The Breathing Shadow", that would be a real killer...
You could say it would make me jump... :hotjump:

Christer

Yes, let's post our opinions about "Nightfall Overture" in here.
My re-fav's are Dreamreader and Alonely. Nice new chord progressions in Alonely.
I prefer "Glory Days" in the old recording.
And "Better safe than sorry" is stunning!
Dan, did you use the same moog sound at the end of BSTS (3:47)which you used on the Sörskogen track?

Alonely is grat, I liked the original, but Dan's singing is just so much better on the new one!
And i was very happy with The Dreamreader and also I return, which happens to be one of my favourites

fireangel said:
as we are talking bout the new song, maybe we can try get the lyrics together? I´ll give it an intense listen later tonight.

I figured something out while listening but I'm too lazy to write it.
But it's very very personal that's for shure....

yeah, it is personal. Dan said this is the first song dealing with his new personal situation (the Invisible material isn´t).
There is one verse about himself, one about his wife and one about his son in it.

EDIT: later.. I tried to figure out the lyrics and I post what my results are. Any help welcome.

Better Safe Than Sorry

When I was young I thought the world around could be (...) through (?) my eyes
Communicating through my melodies I knew the world would help me through
Then I grew up to find that all the dreams I had in mind
Required more than my gift, more of the pain than the pleasure

Chorus:
Better safe than sorry
And here I am
Losing everything again
I never had to worry about the game
I never win, I never lose, I´m not playing at all!
Never gamble at all!

Many years ago I met the one
And all my dreams and pains just faded away
I opened up and even let her in
To kill the enemy within
And even though she tried
To keep the love for me alive
Oh, it kills me to say I let it wither away again

Chorus

Oh, God I´m lonely
When (...) someone by my side
I´d (...) for the only
(....) in this world is a part of me
(...) things I´ve been going through
You gave me strength to carry on
I do the best I can to make you wanna be around
I really need you in my life

And maybe I was born to wander through this world alone
I left the good luck behind
Will my heart be denied forever?

Chorus

huh? when did this happen? is this from the tour or something because I thought we were gonna' get some shipped out to us from Dan...

Timmeth:
The Nightfall Overture CD and the DVD (and Tom Nouga´s new CD) were already sold during the tour. That probably saved them/us half of all the shipping costs, too ;) because many forumers who wanted it were present at the gigs.

I don´t think there has changed anything about the rest of the orders.

fireangel said:
Timmeth:
The Nightfall Overture CD and the DVD (and Tom Nouga´s new CD) were already sold during the tour. That probably saved them/us half of all the shipping costs, too ;) because many forumers who wanted it were present at the gigs.

I don´t think there has changed anything about the rest of the orders.

okay cool... I was just wondering if you guys got this from the tour...

I am SO desperate for new music...'

thanks for the response...

Believe me, it's worth the wait.
songs you thought were perfect, they made them better!

sorry about that, I was being rude...
braging like that.

fireangel said:
Better Safe Than Sorry

When I was young I thought the world around could be (...a vision...) through my eyes
Communicating through my melodies I knew the world would help me through
When I grew up to find that all the dreams I had in mind
Required more than my gift, more of the pain than the pleasure

Chorus:
Better safe than sorry
And here I am
Losing everything again
I never had to worry about the game
I never win, I never lose, I´m not playing at all!
Never gamble at all!

Many years ago I met the one
And all my dreams and pains just faded away
I opened up and even let her in
To kill the enemy within
And even though she tried
To keep (...the love for me alive...)
Oh, it kills me to say I let it wither away again
[/i]

That are my two suggestions.

I will post the complete lyrics for the song tomorrow...You´re pretty damn close..
I need to articulate the lyrics better in the future. I really want every one to hear what the words...

Dan Swanö said:
I will post the complete lyrics for the song tomorrow...You´re pretty damn close..

:D

I need to articulate the lyrics better in the future. I really want every one to hear what the words...

Most parts are clear (to my ears), then I listened a couple of times to the song with headphones to get more details. Only the bridge-verse is really tricky. But of course, the perfect 100% lyrics would be nice! :)
I think Unicorn did more work back then, when he gathered together the lyrics for three albums...

fireangel said:
:D

Most parts are clear (to my ears), then I listened a couple of times to the song with headphones to get more details. Only the bridge-verse is really tricky. But of course, the perfect 100% lyrics would be nice! :)
I think Unicorn did more work back then, when he gathered together the lyrics for three albums...

I didn't do that. Only for one album, " The Breathing Shadow".
And there I had the booklet from the Japanese Version (from Dan) which included the lyrics. (That thing must be rare!!)
So, I just had to type. :cool:
But I started listening them out at the beginning, so Dan got the idea if I might want to write them down. But that was pre-forum times. :D

@Dan
Your vocals are much much clearer than in the past. I like that. When I compare "I" to "nightfall overture" there are worlds between.

ah, okay, now i see.
I remember stuff from interviews I read, Dan mentioned the lyrics were all in bits and pieces on pages of phonebooks, notepaper and so on, and this would have been one of the reasons why they weren´t published before "I". And that someone from Germany (=you) had sent in the lyrics as a complete thing.

What is the difference in the Japanese version? I didn´t even know the CD existed.

fireangel said:
ah, okay, now i see.
I remember stuff from interviews I read, Dan mentioned the lyrics were all in bits and pieces on pages of phonebooks, notepaper and so on, and this would have been one of the reasons why they weren´t published before "I". And that someone from Germany (=you) had sent in the lyrics as a complete thing.

Yes, that's true, he didn't had them as a file anymore.

fireangel said:
What is the difference in the Japanese version? I didn´t even know the CD existed.

It contained the lyrics, that was all I think. Dan told me, that for Japanese Releases it always has to be a special on it so that the Japanese guys buy it in Japan, which is very expensive, and don't import them from Germany which must be cheaper even with shipping. So, mostly they get extra songs, but Dan hadn't had extra material from tbs, so he had to type them from the papers they have been on. But then they were lost again or so.

Unicorn said:
It contained the lyrics, that was all I think. Dan told me, that for Japanese Releases it always has to be a special on it so that the Japanese guys buy it in Japan, which is very expensive, and don't import them from Germany which must be cheaper even with shipping. So, mostly they get extra songs, but Dan hadn't had extra material from tbs, so he had to type them from the papers they have been on. But then they were lost again or so.

Well, then probably I won´t go hunting for that, when it´s only the lyrics sheet. I know that Japanese releases usually demand an exclusive bonus, so I wondered which song that could have been, that´s why I asked.

btw, I edited a few very small things on my lyrics-suggestion, now I heard in the second verse the same as you, I´m still sceptic bout the first line in the first verse.
So I´m waiting for Dan´s version of the lyrics :D