Nightingale - "Nightfall Overture" still available...?

Mephisto--->

New Metal Member
Sep 29, 2003
www.nocturnalhall.com
Hell-o there...I am just curious if anybody has got an idea were I can get the "Nightfall Overture" Album on CD. I've checked kindof all the usual sites were I order my CDs but couldn't find it anywhere. I know, I could buy it as a download, but I'm not the download kind of musicfan ;-). I want to have the album in my hands :).

any rerelease planned? same asked for Moontower
it's a real gem and some dude is selling it for like 90$US which is way too much for any album.

Not too much for N.F.O :headbang: We are not on Black Mark anymore so there is nothing we can do about it. I guess it´s gone forever. It´s not very likely that B.M make a new editon. I hade it on my site for almost a year and those who missed it out....bad luck :cry: "If you´ll search you´ll find". I´m sure those with a bad need can find it on a nice Russian server togheter with some Moldavian gaping ass videos :rolleyes:

Hey Dag, why don't you put it up for download on your website since it can't be purchased anymore? I have my copy (bought it PRE-ORDERED when it came out ahahhaha suckers), but Dan and yourself have always expressed you don't care about the money, only that the music reaches more people.

I mean, considering it was limited edition and people want to hear it, you could put it up with the rest of your stuff, since a re-release is not economical.

There is a very simpel reason why i dont. It´s Black Marks stuff and i don´t want to mess with them. I don´t think they would care but who knows ? Black Mark hardly knows about my existens and even less Toms and Eriks. In their world N.G is Dan and on NFO it is. I play very little on it and only one song is mine ( you can find that on my homepage ) I don´t upload Dan´s stuff. I don´t care about the money beacuse i get none from selling records.

good evening together :)

Well as said before - downloading is actually not my intention...I could buy a download, if I wanted to, but I actually want the "hardcopy" in my hands...

So I'll just have to keep my eyes open, if I find one. I mean I actually found one...but it cost nearly 60 Euros and - even if I appreciate the music very much - that's just too much for an Album.

I try to have all the music I want to listen to on CD, and if I start buying albums for 60 EUR, I'll end up under a bridge with my cds gathered around me and no player to put em into and listen to them :-D

There is a very simpel reason why i dont. It´s Black Marks stuff and i don´t want to mess with them. I don´t think they would care but who knows ? Black Mark hardly knows about my existens and even less Toms and Eriks. In their world N.G is Dan and on NFO it is. I play very little on it and only one song is mine ( you can find that on my homepage ) I don´t upload Dan´s stuff. I don´t care about the money beacuse i get none from selling records.

This is what I never get... and I'm musing out loud, not complaining to you. You can order all sorts of shit custom made. For an extra cost. For example, if I want to buy a rare academic book, so long as the company that originally published it has the manuscript, I can ask them to print one copy. Juuuuuust for me. It'll cost me $280.00, in the particular instance I'm thinking of (Evan Luard's volume II of his history of the United Nations, for any MEGA DORKS out there who are curious), but they'll do it.

But you can't do that with people who publish digital media for some reason. Music, video games, you name it. I can understand when something is not reprinted for economic reasons. Like, this guy looking for a copy of your band's Nightfall Overture release, tough luck. But he also legally can't obtain the music, technically speaking, because it's sold out. If you contact Black Mark, and say, name your price for a CD with all the tracks on it, they'll tell you they can't do it (even though it would take someone five minutes).

In the age of iTunes it barely matters for music. But for video games, movies and other media, it's pretty frustrating to have stuff go out of print while the company that prints something not only still exists, but literally has the capacity to print you a single copy at minimal inconvenience to them (even if you pay a premium for it).

/rant over

/cleaning foam from mouth

/is calmed by Dag's manly virtue

It´s hard to love "obscure band" with limited editons. I can tell that it´s far better these days. Back in the old "vinyl days" many smaller bands stuff were almost imposssible to get a hold on and when they went out of print it was gone.
The last batch of NFO sold on my page was just luck. A Danish promotor had some copies left. NFO was never ment to be more than 500 copies. At least you have it on Spotify

I hope you track down a physical copy of NFO because Dan's vocals on the first tune are perhaps his best ever. I remember getting my copy directly from Dan. I don't think the CD was ever sold on sites like Amazon.com.