Nightingale - Tour 2005

I'm another Arizonian that would drive quite a few states for a chance to see Dan perform. But of course I can't drive to Europe or afford to fly there hehe.

Thank you, Nightingale for a truly amazing show in Ludwigsburg - despite the stupid time restrictions and the somewhat lame crowd.

I enjoyed every minute of it, you guys just soooo ROCK! :headbang:

Krefeld was soooooooo awesome! :dopey:

Also little crowd, but at least everyone was there with all their hearts and Dan said "We play for each and everyone tonight", no matter the amount of people. Very nice and very motivated!
This little club at the end of the world had one of the best soundsystems I ever heard, it was just so crystalclear and powerful, (a bit too loud for my taste but otherwise fine).
The supportbands were a positive surprise to me. Dynamic Lights are excellent! Everybody try them out, very compact and tight and heavy prog-stuff, with two vocalists and harmonies and whatnot.
Tomorrow ´s Eve were good, too, but not as much as DL imho. Some songs were too long, and they were not "finished" enough, but anyways, they are the perfect mixture between Green Carnation and Iron Maiden :D

Nightingale were awesome :loco:
I am extremely happy that I decided quite late to visit this gig, too, because I hope I won´t forget it so soon.
Concerning the playlist, I think a reason why it was shorter in Ludwigsburg was, that they had a kind of curfew or so, not their fault. In Krefeld they gave two encores. A reason why there were not Misery or The Wake: Dan said, he wanted especially Eternal to play, and with The Wake additionally the whole playlist would be too mellow. Misery wasn´t performed because he thinks that works better when you have an organ-player on stage ;)
They didn´t bring the keyboard, had a DAT-recorder (I suppose) and Dag was playing guitar, too.

The songs of the evening as far as I remember:

Nightfall Ouverture
Revival
A Raincheck On My Demise
Atlantis Rising
Deep Inside Of Nowhere
Into The Light
Eternal
Shadowland Serenade
The Game
One Of The Lonely Ones
Still Alive
---
Black Tears
? (I think it was the new song of Nightfall Ouverture)
----
Steal The Moon

:hotjump:

and I met Unicorn, too. :cool:

PS: Silent Song: For a shirt and CD, send a mail/pm to Dan or Dag (Gurgelguff), I´m sure it can be arranged to send you these.

So, yesterday I saw them and have to say this gig really really rocked!
In my opinion much better than last time at progpower europe and the sound was pretty good. (Too loud for my taste, but ok with earplugs)

They are so well-rehearsed, and play now with a clicktrack which allows that the keys are coming from playback which worked great. Tom and Erik nailed every single note with a lot of groove and no mistakes. Really impressive!
Our set was longer and they played Eternal!!! A lot of fun looking at them play their songs.

I bought a logo shirt and the new CD and Tom Nougas new CD. Listening to the new Nightingale now, it's full worth to buy. The new track "better safe than sorry" is fantastic!! And some remakes make me shivers. Dan's vocals are top notch again.

I recorded the Krefeld show and from what I heard yesterday it turned out pretty good. I will edit it next week or so, or/and send it to Dag.

Fireangel, I was writing the same time.
Don't forget to send me the picture. :)

Do you also know at which place i should put the song in the list? And what is the song that I don´t know?
I hope the picture turns out good, don´t get too excited before I have developed the film. I might been a bit too excited when photographing, but of course I wish for you that it´ll be a good pic. You looked all quite evil.
:)

That's good.
Losing myself was the last track, together with this "Theme-medley".
Wasn't "Revival" that track you are missing at the end. Or "I return"? I'm not good at bearing in mind titels. :-/

nah, but he said for that song that it´s the first time they play it in Germany. And Revival I remember quite sure, they played it at the beginning, where I also took notes to compile a playlist.

oh, btw, here is the band I told you of, the new band of the Before The Dawn - clean vocalist. They have songs for download, maybe you like them, prog-stuff :)
Dark Filth Fraternity

One song (Altar Of Chrome) is from the first ep and then they published one of the upcoming CD, too. Btw, this guy was also the first singer of Entwine.

Hi,

Good to hear that everyone enjoys Nightingale so far. We hope that some of you (especially the ones who where in Krefeld yesterday) will come to Baarlo too this Saturday, it will be the last gig of the tour and there are no time restrictions, allthough we plan to finish at midnight. A local support called Timeline will open the gig aroun 19.45, followed by Dynamic Lights, Tomorrow's Eve and NIGHTINGALE. We try to let them do a few extras songs because it is the last gig, but that is up to them. We will see.

So if you are interested, Baarlo is located near the German border close to Venlo (near Krefeld, Duisburg, Dusseldorf etc). The venu called Sjiwa opens at 19.00 hrs, and we start around 19.45 hrs. And because we will have a soundlimit, it will definitely not be too loud!

So hopefully we will see some of you in Baarlo, entrance is only €10,- !

Greetings,
Rene Janssen
www.progpower.nl

Krefeld was awesome; great setlist (Eternal, baby!), great performance (Tom Nouga is evil rock posing incarnate), great sound, nice supporting acts, fair prices. I also got myself the logo shirt and the new Nightingale/ Nouga records, and from what I've heard, they're both great. I (quite literally) had to spend the night in the gutter due to the bad train connections, but it was definetly worth it.

@fireangel: right before black tears, they did this little acoustic folk version of Enigma, maybe that's the song you're missing...?

Weizenkeim: no, that Intro I know of, but I mean there was another song. Well, we hear that when the soundfile gets online :D
Where were you in the crowd?

Rene: on page 2 of this thread I posted the info of your place :) so probably some folks know about it already. I`ll be there for sure, who knows when is the next time one can see Nightingale. And I am glad to hear about any noiselimits, since today my head is feeling a bit :ill: from the loudness, even though I always wear earplugs.

Weizenkeim said:
Krefeld was awesome; great setlist (Eternal, baby!), great performance (Tom Nouga is evil rock posing incarnate), great sound, nice supporting acts, fair prices.

Ah, I'm a bit jealous, "Eternal" is one of my absolute favourite songs, and I had to decide between Krefeld and Ludwigsburg. Seems that I chose the wrong one... Now I am seriously thinking about Baarlo, I hope there will be enough tickets available?
Anyone from Hessen going there??

Bye,

Daniel

I'm becoming impatient for the Baarlo gig. Certainly if I take a look at the setlists of all the different places. I'm meeting up with Dan on Saturday, hope to have a great chat!

Dag here:

We are here rocking in Holland. So far the tour has been great with a lot of driving. Too bad about Ludwigsburg but we had to stop early.

Erik here: Just want to say THANKS to all of you who's been seeing us so far. :hotjump:
Dan here: It's good to be back in Germany, even though were in Holland right now!! The shows this far have been great experiences for me. The gig at Schymys was one of the better in my career this far. There's a lot of driving and hanging out going one, but it's better than to be at work. The other bands are great guys and we get along nicely. The gods of all things that can break have been nice to us and the shows are flowing nicely. Thanx to the ones that showed up. Thanx a ton!! I appreciate it. I will also take care of all the orders for the merchandise when I get home. We got the logoshirts and the full colour stickers just before we left, so there will be quite a lot of goodies to choose from.

Tom here:

Hi !:headbang:

Gurgelguff said:

:wave:

Dan here: It's good to be back in Germany, even though were in Holland right now!!

:lol:

The shows this far have been great experiences for me. The gig at Schymys was one of the better in my career this far.

That sounds like I was at a historical concert ;) It definitely felt so =)

Magic Child: if you wanna find out about tickets for Baarlo, I suggest you write an e-mail to the organizer (see previous page), then you´ll know definitely.