Nightwish at Bloodstock

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
It took them forever to set up the stage, to the point it only left them about an hour to do thier set, and they still seemed to have a few technical problems but despite a few minor hiccups they sounded amazing. They opened with Bless The Child and went right into End of All Hope. They covered the first 5 songs from Bless the Child as well as an Ozzy cover (Crazy Train) with Marco covering vocals and a few others. Tarja came out in all white and looked (and sounded) absolutely stunning. :OMG:

I REALLY wish I was going to PPIV now after seeing them at Bloodstock. Fans going to PPIV are going to be in for a treat

If you head over to Nightwish's forum, you will see several reviews from both Bloodstock & the London show this past weekend. The setlists are identical.

Glenn H.

To be fair to the band and the festival, the long set up time and technical problems were due in large part to the fact that Nightwish's gear didn't arrive till late Saturday so they didn't have the luxery of getting things set up ahead of time like Saxon did for Fridays show. PLease don't read more into this my first post than necessary. Overall Bloodstock was an excellent festival and Vince did a great job of organizing and keeping things running smoothly the whole weekend. If fact I was very impressed that nearly every band started and finished right on thier set schedule and the sound for the venue was crystal clear. The Assembly rooms is a beautiful venue for a show this size (2000 people approx).

FYI, The review of the show at the Fiddler at nightwish.com is a great summary of the show in Bloodstock. As Glen said, same set list and even the same stage banter.

nightwish58 said:
What else did they play at Bloodstock? Just trying to get a sense for their setlist. Thanks
In case you can locate the Nightwish website (they are moving host today and the website might be unavailable), here is the setlist in full.

Intro

Bless the Child
End of all Hope
-----
Come Cover Me
Kinslayer
-----
Dead to the World
Deep Silent within
-----
Sleeping Sun
-----
Ozzy (Crazy Train)
-----
Pharoah Sails to Orion (with the growler)
She is my Sin
-----
Slaying the Dreamer
Wishmaster
----- (encores)
Walking in the Air
-----
Over the Hills

The Bloodstock show had tons more atmosphere than the Mean Fiddler show. I'm hoping for a repeat of the Bloodstock experience in Atlanta and New York :)