Nightwish concert DVDs

Perpetualpain

New Metal Member
Jul 21, 2005
Detroit
I've known about the band for some time now and never actually took the time to listen to any material, strangely enough.
After finding some clips on youtube ( particularly the wacken ones) i must admit they rock!:kickass:
I just picked up End of An Era from amazon and i really want to have the wacken 2008 performance on dvd! I cant find it for sale anywhere! Whats the deal with the footage?
omg plz help lol:kickass:

I've known about the band for some time now and never actually took the time to listen to any material, strangely enough.
After finding some clips on youtube ( particularly the wacken ones) i must admit they rock!:kickass:
I just picked up End of An Era from amazon and i really want to have the wacken 2008 performance on dvd! I cant find it for sale anywhere! Whats the deal with the footage?
omg plz help lol:kickass:

Its probably bootleg footage so you will probably need to get it from a torrent or something. But dont bother. It doesnt have tarja so it willbe lame. Just stick with End of an Era. Thats all you will ever need.

DOn't worry about the live footage. If you truly want to listen to how they evolved, start with Angels Fall First and work your way to "Made in Hong Kong". The latter is a keeper.

While the Wacken 2008 concert is a bootleg why should anyone want to pay to greedy pirates for it, just look for a torrent and grab it form the web for free. The whole idea of bootlegs *at least used to be* trading them with other collectors or sharing for free, but definitely no money involved.

Its probably bootleg footage so you will probably need to get it from a torrent or something. But dont bother. It doesnt have tarja so it willbe lame. Just stick with End of an Era. Thats all you will ever need.

I will be honest with you, I like both tarja and annete.

DOn't worry about the live footage. If you truly want to listen to how they evolved, start with Angels Fall First and work your way to "Made in Hong Kong". The latter is a keeper.

will do :)

While the Wacken 2008 concert is a bootleg why should anyone want to pay to greedy pirates for it, just look for a torrent and grab it form the web for free. The whole idea of bootlegs *at least used to be* trading them with other collectors or sharing for free, but definitely no money involved.

I have the bootleg but the problem is the audio is crap..something like 127kbs..it just doesnt sound good.
I know most ppl wouldnt mind it but im very picky when it comes to sound quality,hence the reason im willing to pay $$$

if anyone knows someone with a higher bitrate version of the performance, plz let me know:kickass: ty

hi all pretty new around here.
i have the wacken show on bootleg dvd and like St Enigma stated yes bootlegs should be traded and not sold.
thus my reply.
i trade bootlegs from various bands and if you have something i might be interested in then feel free to let me no.
i do not however trade anything official from my list so please dont ask.

if your interested then my trading site is
old site still up for now
http://deadone.site90.com/

new site still updating all my shows before i upload the pages.
http://www.deadonetrading.com

anyway feel free to check the 1st link out but note its not completely upto date

mick

Hi Mick, welcome to the board, and thanks for your post.
waveyfrood.gif

I am interested in trading something for the Wacken DVD, but I'm pretty swamped with other trades right now, so I'll have to get back to you on this at a later date.

again real sorry about the delay like i explained in my other post, im back now so all should be good.
i have a few more NW shows listed on my site and i also have around another 20 or so i still need to add from a previous trade i have just completed.

do you have a list of audio and dvd.

thanx again and sorry about being late in my reply.

Mick

If you have Google Translator, it normally automatically translates the page for you. It's not the best of translations, but you can get the gist of what it says.

To put it in a nutshell, the article basically said that both Nightwish and Arch Enemy will be filming their shows in Central and South America as a way to promote themselves in South America. Nightwish is bringing along a 22-person camera crew, and about 3-4 songs at each show throughout the Latin American tour will be filmed, to be released on DVD. The DVD is scheduled to be released in September of next year.

Since there has been no confirmation of it on the band's website, or no mention of it anywhere else, I am not sure if this DVD will be an official Nightwish release, or if it will be some sort of compilation DVD released by the record company or something.

Edit: I have changed the topic name slightly since this thread is no longer only about the Wacken '08 bootleg, but becoming a general thread for discussion of bootlegs or possible live DVDs to be released in the future. :)

I really cannot imagine nightwish recording a live dvd at this point!
and in all the interviews on the us tour tuomas always denied that there will be a live dvd in the near future because of the movie release etc!
so i do not think that this is true!