NIGHTWISH Goes into the studio

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Today, Nightwish enters the studio to begin recording the new album. Jukka starts the process by recording the drum parts in the next 5-6 days. Then guitars, bass and demo keyboards, followed by orchestral/choir recordings. After those, the final synths and vocals will be recorded. The whole process will last six months minimum, so we should have the final master copy in our hands sometime during the spring.

I guess they will do all the parts before the new vocalist is announced, which is okay.

Can i get a COLLEEN GRAY for NIGHTWISH!!!!!!!!:headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

She hasn't posted any of the audition songs as of yet, but i will ask her too when she gets the time. Lots of things happening really fast, and she is really busy but i know she would want all of her friends and supporters to hear them.
Everyone keep your fingers crossed, but i believe she has got the job. She is the greatest.

Oh my lordy, lordy, lordy. You all seriously kick ass! :D I'm almost textless over here. Between the shout outs during the festival and this... I don't really know what to say other than thanks!

Okay, for a breakdown if you aren't familiar (and thanks for asking, btw!)... I've been working on a few various project over the last couple of years in addition to the Adult Contemporary solo work that's on my main dot com.

Lead vocalist on the upcoming Persephone's Dream album, "Pyre of Dreams", vocal producer: DC Cooper
Lead vocals (two tracks) on Marcel Coenen's 2nd solo cd, "Colour Journey" released in January. Opened the cd release show in the Netherlands with a solo set and performed on four songs. That DVD will be released very soon. :) AND Marcel has added two sneak peaks on his myspace page. "Traumatized to the Bone" kicks off the first one. :)
Currently working on Pantommind's next cd, "Lunasense" singing lead on one track and backing vocals on another. I will see if Drago is cool with me posting a link to a sneak peak on "Days of Old"...

I love this music, and working with the caliber of talent I've been blessed to work with has been truly amazing!

My voice is a bit scratchy due to this weekend's festivities, but will be finishing up the audition material over the next week. And yes, I would love to share the tracks with you all! Too friggin' cool to come in and see this. :headbang:

Saw the news on Nightwish...I am glad they are recording and from what I just heard, Colleen Gray should send in a demo...It would be great for the singer to be from the States this time.