Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines

Originally posted by MadTinus
You must have switched the discs around, BSOV atrocious production??! The drums pound your skull to dust, how can you NOT totally worship a monumental song like "Masturbating The War God"??

BSOV =
slayer_smile.gif

amen my tutenkamettenen brother pharoah, masturbating the war god is my favourite nile song. tis perfectomundo as snake scales stroking a lovers loins.

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
nope i perfer shrines production its better really....
Fair, to each his own opinion, but BSOV atrocious production, naahhhh... no way!
just listen to it on a really good pair of headphones :)

-Necro
Maybe I should try that, I have a pair of old, but good Senheisers.

@SculptedCold, it is their mightiest anthem indeed... Though probably NecromancerAlpha will now walk in and claim it's Unas, Slayer Of The Gods... *sits and waits* :rolleyes:.

i dont really think its fair to sum up such a good band with a "best song"

most any good band thats worth a damn will have songs that arent the "best" but many songs that are so damn good that cant be compared to eachother...

this is how i feel about nile...

i dont really like comparing which albums are better and for what reasons as there all great albums...

but to me i think this album offers more then just straight forward death metal... as i think black seeds was less varied then this album is....

but hey why split hairs all nile albums do indeed rule

Close your eyes, put on a great pair of headphones and darken the room. Put this album on and let your mind do the rest. Best way for me to appreciate this music. You are in Egyptian tombs. Unas is eating the entrails and drinking the blood of his slain enemies. If you can't imagine an Egyptian desert at night approaching the towering Pyramids--THEN SMOKE A FUCKIN" JOINT and listen again.

Good album. Some great tracks like the Blessed Dead, Unas and Sarcaphogus. Terribly bland vox though and drags on too long. Overall very good though.

I bought this CD because the cover was cool looking and I like death metal.

This is shit though. It sounds so fucking grainy and mixed up. I've listened to it twice and then left it in Canada when I moved to Finland. I much perfer the new album over this thing.