Nile is the best American death metal band

Im not a big fan of Nile either. They are talented musicians dont get me wrong, but I think the way their songs are structured is done horribly. Im much more for the melodic side of metal. In all actuallity there arent many DM bands that I do like.

Nick

I will say that all those who previously hated the more brutal side of death metal should download & check out some songs off the NEW Kataklysm album - 'Shadows & Dust' - or the NEW Bloodbath album - 'Resurrection Through Carnage' - (provided you buy if you like of course); they're both seriously groovy, for lack of a better word.

They might change your mind, or at least broaden it.

Im not a huge fan of death metal. But the reason why I like Nile is the egyptian elements, the technicality of the music, the 3 singers and always wicked drummers. I mean I do have 2 Morbid Angel cds, they are good but a little boring for me. and I also feel that Karl Sanders is an excellent song writer. I'v been playing guitar for about 3 years and I was in a band so I listen to the music alot more than I used, and Nile totally does it for me. Keep kicking ass Nile...

Originally posted by markgugs
I'm not sure if I'd say Nile is the best US death metal band, but if they aren't, they're damned close.

One thing I do know is that Nile is not "noise" by any stretch of the imagination, opinion or not. If they are to you, your definition of "noise" is off. They ARE wickedly brutal technical death metal, which of course is not everyone's cup of tea.

.....indeed, took the words right out of my mouth

I absolutely cannot wait to see Nile in a few weeks. I've been listening to ITDS a lot lately...it's been growing on my a lot, but it can't match BSOV for me. I've heard they're incredibly tight live. I can't fucking wait. :D

angel corpse!ok they are not together any longer bu thats my vote for best american death metal band.
as for all the hubub over nile.
i would have to say it is very in fashion or as i like to say "hot topic"to hate them.and let me stir a wave by saying it is alos very "hot topic"to hate slipknot.
fact is both bands were like a mountain in plateu period and started a buzz and could back it up but both recieved high praise from the masses quickly whic in turn made theo who are tr00/kvlt (ha ha)turn their check quickly and dispurce critisism.sad if you ask me.
anyone heard of angel corpse????????
ok i do write for a zine.www.metal-oobserver.com

. And if you really think Nile offers nothing new in their melodies and riffs, then you should suggest to me the preceeding bands which Nile supposedly rip off.

Basically everything Nile does outside of the orchestrated bits has already been worked over by Immolation, Incantantion and the NYDM scene in general. For that matter, the best songs off two of their three full length albums include major sections lifted directly from other artists (namely Gustav Holst and Candlemass).

Best USDM:

The Chasm (shared jointly with Mexico)
Atheist
Immolation
Nocturnus
Vore
Brutality
Autopsy
Acheron
Epidemic
Death (first 4 albums)
Possessed
Morpheus Descends
Baphomet
Resurrection
Massacre
Cianide

A lot of people will say Morbid Angel, I'm not a fan, though their first three albums were obviously light years ahead of Nile.

BORING.....OVERRATED......another snoozefest in the vein of Iced Earth (ie they are overhyped and made into a much bigger deal than they ever should have been). They have a gimmick and are good musicians, but beyond that. Everyone that's seen them live on this last tour has nothing nice to say about them and no one can understand why their headling.....

pest666 said:
BORING.....OVERRATED......another snoozefest in the vein of Iced Earth (ie they are overhyped and made into a much bigger deal than they ever should have been). They have a gimmick and are good musicians, but beyond that. Everyone that's seen them live on this last tour has nothing nice to say about them and no one can understand why their headling.....

YOU are overrrated

Funny coming from a guy who has refuse to the follow the fashion as his sig. You've answer both my posts on Nile and Iced Earth. Run like the lemming to the commercially overhyped media sea....... And next time post something of substance and state an actual point other than something like YOU ARE WRONG. You probably can't pick a band by yourself without someone pushing them and telling you they're good.

pest666 said:

Who's overrated? Nile?

And who's everyone? The 4 close-minded people in Oregon YOU went to the show with? What, did you go to only see Dark Tranquillity? Please, based on that argument, everyone I talked to admitted that Nile slayed. So...you're trying to say what again? :rolleyes:

sorry you´re entitled to your opinion, but in my view both bands are very good and every metalhead should like some little thing about them( talentwise) although he would not consider them a band he likes,

are you so super-true-underground that if that bands appear in a magazine they are immediatly sellout or commercial?

nobody told me they were good, i found the bands for myself and i just happen to like them

Iced earth and Nile aren´t very fashionable bands from where I´m sitting...

For me Death is the best death metal band , Period.