Nile- Ithyphallic

Never liked Nile much and this album is not going to change that. I just don't find any of their riffs or even their drumming that memorable. I would take something like Cryptopsy or Behemoth any day, because you can actually hear their riffs, rather than just a big pile of sludge.

what I think Obscure sucks?
shit guitar riffs, and the sound sucks. "lets smoke some maple leafs eh.... now we can write wierd riffs! yay!"

If Nile made Obscura you'd be praising the fuck out of it, that is because you are a fanboy.

New album is pretty good, though sadly predictable. The formula is starting to wear thin. Hopefully they can come up with something a little different next time round.

Their riffs are far more audible and clear than Nile's however, even on Demigod. Listen to Conquer All, if you find the riffs a pile of sludge there you need to clean your ears.

The production may suck but the riffs are clearly audible and far from sludgy.

I'm a big fan of Gorguts but if you find the first 2 albums amazing you need to check the fucking definition. The first 2 albums are great, solid death metal. However Obscura is more along the lines of amazing because it is unique, innovative and has stunning musicianship and composition.

Explain to me why the riffs are stupid.

Im listening to Obscura now, this is shitty. seriously, these riffs are fucking stupid
I can almost hear the sound of brilliant music flying right over your head.

Nile was a good idea, but judging from the samples I've heard this album three times already. Wake me up when they get some more of that ambition that got them to start this project in the first place and stop spinning their wheels, because the novelty has worn off.

i haven't heard the entire new album yet. i went to see Nile the other night and they put on a good show but the crowd was pretty dead. there was this one asshole that was booing the new songs and screaming for Execration Text. Nile played Sarcophagus and one of the new songs that was pretty slow and absolutely crushing and this guy was screaming "fuck this slow shit. that's not metal. Execration Text!!!!!!!!!" they eventually played Execration Text and the guy starting moshing (no moshing is allowed at BB Kings) and security threw him out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why didn't you take pics?

:lol: :lol:

I loved Ithyphallic even though its 3rd on my list of favorite nile cds, behind In Their Darkened Shrines and BSoV. The only real problem i have with the cd is that the solos were more bending and atmospheric (which is kickass in its own right)than technical on this one, although I thought the end to "Even the Gods Must Die" was very fitting.