Nile- Ithyphallic

Could you aid with what "Nova" is please ? Also, I have no term of reference with "Brown Acid". I would really like to fully understand your argument. Thanks :kickass:

Nova was a one hour weekly science/history/anthropology documentary series that ran on American public television for decades. Really dry, really puffed up on it's own scholarly importance, and really, really boring without actually being all that deep.

And 'brown acid' is the stuff that gives you the bad trips (the reference is to Woodstock, where some of the LSD being passed through the crowd was contaminated, and an announcement was made over the PA: "Please do not eat the brown acid").

haha

but yeah, Nile >>>>>>> Soundgarden

definitely

Karl and Dallas are infinitely better than Kim Thayil or Chris Cornell, both in terms of technical skill and compositional ability.

Kim and Chris and the band are better musicians and songwriters.

Where the fuck did this bullshit argument come from? Nile vs. Soundgarden?

My $0.02 says that although Nile kick ass and are awesome technical players, few bands can match the raw power or phenomenal songwriting ability of Soundgarden. So fuck off to your argument, dickholes!

Kim and Chris and the band are better musicians and songwriters.
I guess it depends on what constitutes a good musician to you. To me, to be able to play fast and cleanly is important, in addition to knowledge of music theory (which Karl and Dallas do possess). I do kinda like Soundgarden, though. They were pretty much the only good grunge band (Pearl Jam and Nirvana sucked IMO).

It came from UM being a ridiculous place full of extremely volatile people who will defend weird causes to the death.
It started when Death Delirium said Nile sucks, and then in return, Carc said that Soundgarden sucks (note DD's sig). TBH, DD really started it. I mean, why does someone need to come into a thread to talk shit about the band the thread is about. I've known DD for years, from another board, and he he's always been somewhat of an instigator, and has started countless arguments/debates online.

Yes, I think As He Creates So He Destroys is probably the best song on the album.

Almost. Scroll blah blah Water blah blah papyrus is the best, i.m.o. It's certainly in the top five songs about warding off crocodiles, imho.

Am I the only one to miss the liner notes to each set of lyrics ? I really miss them. Also, not too sure on including the Cthulhu mythos in the lyrics - we all like a bit of Cthulhu and Yog-Sothoth in our cornflakes, I'm sure, but I prefer my ancient mythology unmixed.

Almost. Scroll blah blah Water blah blah papyrus is the best, i.m.o. It's certainly in the top five songs about warding off crocodiles, imho.

Am I the only one to miss the liner notes to each set of lyrics ? I really miss them. Also, not too sure on including the Cthulhu mythos in the lyrics - we all like a bit of Cthulhu and Yog-Sothoth in our cornflakes, I'm sure, but I prefer my ancient mythology unmixed.

:lol: I love you :lol: