Nile- Ithyphallic

Language of the Shodows is the best song Nile ever created. Better than Unas Slayer...

:lol: ...:loco:

Thanks. That said more about you than you probably would have liked.
That's quite presumptuous of you. Obscura is a difficult album to wrap your mind around(there are many who've tried and failed), besides, not all people have a habit of listening to something that's allegedly great until it clicks.
I've got to say though, that my experience with Obscura was different because at the time when I discovered it, I was still a relative novice to the genre and the album immediately caught my ear with its overall weirdness and unpredictability, and it took me about five seessions to begin getting the hang of what was going on there.
I suppose it's his loss that he doesn't, but that just proves that we're all different.
Different albums will have different impacts on different people. Isn't that the idea that you've expressed in one of your posts?

Annihilation is by far my favorite Nile album, though the new one is growing on me slowly.

That's quite presumptuous of you. Obscura is a difficult album to wrap your mind around(there are many who've tried and failed), besides, not all people have a habit of listening to something that's allegedly great until it clicks.
I've got to say though, that my experience with Obscura was different because at the time when I discovered it, I was still a relative novice to the genre and the album immediately caught my ear with its overall weirdness and unpredictability, and it took me about five seessions to begin getting the hang of what was going on there.
I suppose it's his loss that he doesn't, but that just proves that we're all different.
Different albums will have different impacts on different people. Isn't that the idea that you've expressed in one of your posts?

Looking back on it, I can see where you would get that idea.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my previous post, but one saying that an album having, "shit guitar riffs, and the sound sucks", to me, doesn't give a very good explanation on an album.

Now, maybe that is a good enough explanation for you, but when I want to know why one doesn't like an album, I want to hear not only about the riffs, but about how the riffs play in with the rest of the song. How the dynamics work within the song, and how it plays out in the overall scheme of the song. Along with how the song is constructed, how the tempo changes (or lack thereof) impact the rest of the song, etc, etc...

Basically, I'm looking for something a bit more descriptive, than "shit guitar riffs". I mean, what the hell does that mean? If you accept answers like that, you end up with what happens here a lot: One person saying that this sucks, while another person says that that same thing is great. And no one ever gets to the details of what is being talked about, because everyone is being way too generic on what they are saying.

If well all took the time to answer things with a bit more detail, maybe we'd all get a better understanding of what we each feel about certain music, and albums in particular.

I'm talking less about the sterile soundtrack-y shit then about the whole conceptual aesthetic they've built in its entirety. There's this clinical recall of mythic 'facts,' but no larger symbolic tapestry into which they're woven. The point of the Egyptian shit is to have Egyptian shit: it is both means and end. It reads like a peer-edited journal and sounds like a brown acid episode of Nova, complete with snake charming interludes. For all the scholarly precision, there's none of the life or passion or imagination one would find in more competent artistic interpreters of myth, from Enslaved to Loreena McKennitt.

Could you aid with what "Nova" is please ? Also, I have no term of reference with "Brown Acid". I would really like to fully understand your argument. Thanks :kickass:

"Itchy Phallus" is by far to slow. Scratch that, this album is fucking mummified.

ithyphallic

adj.

1. Of or relating to the phallus carried in the ancient festival of Bacchus.
2. Having the penis erect. Used of graphic and sculptural representations.

I don't think that the erect penis is actually all that amusing unless you feel uncomfortable with its importance to ancient societies.