NMD: New Mic Day! (this ain't no shure)

Let it burn...

Orgasm Donor
Oct 22, 2007
Belgium
Alright! Woke up this morning because the mailman was ringing our bell. Got out of bed and ran down to the door as if my life depended on it only to find a slightly deranged mailman with a package at my door. Who wears pyjamas anywayz? :lol:

Anyway, he finally brought in a mic that was on it's way for 3 weeks. The retailer didn't have it in stock at the time and he made a special order for me only. Big thumbs up for them.

23v6yu.jpg

Since I've been waiting for so long to get this mic, let's wait a bit until I say what it is. Let's play the guessing game :).

The first hint is basically in the thread title but since I'm way too happy right now, I'll give you guys a second one:

They are hand made in the state of Illinois

Oh, and it's an amp and snare mic :headbang:

I don't play the chugga chugga brutalz at all. I'm more of a Converge / Doomriders / Mastodon dude and Kurt Ballou was the main reason I bought one hehe :D.

First impression = weird mic :lol:. It doesn't seem to have any proximity effect AT ALL, which is bizarre because it's a hyper-cardioid. So it sucks big time on vocals :D. Guitar cabs on the other hand...

Because of the neglectable proximity effect, you can really stick the mic in the cab and you get just the right amount of tight low mid, something that always bothered me about the 57. The way the mids translate are amazing too. My main dirt is a proco rat running into a Laney VH100 w/ orange 4x12 so I use A LOT of mids and the 57 never captured it that well.

I'll post an IR later for you guys to try out