No Boss GT-Pro/GT-8 users here?

DivisionByZero

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2007
Germany
www.temptamentum.com
Hi guys,

I'm searching for a new effect board for home recording and came across those two Boss devices. I checked out the GT-Pro at our local gear store and was pretty much blown away by its sound.

When reading through the posts here I see that basically everybody uses a POD, and the sound clips you post sound really killer. There was an orphaned Boss-thread some time ago but apparently you all use those Line6 products (apart from some maniacs that still use the conventional amps/cabinets, hehe).

I'm now curious why nobody uses those Boss products. Any bad experience when it comes to recording? Or are those little red beans just the ultimate piece for metal recording? (I need it 80% for recording and 20% for rehearsing/live, that's why I was into that pedal thingy).

Thanks for your comments.

I've wondered about this also. I've never even tried a POD XT but I'm guessing simply that their amp model/simulation feature is much better plus it's cheaper. I have a GT-8 and am able to get descent recorded tones with it but the fizz is just unbearable and when I try to low pass it, it sounds like crap.
I mainly bought it for the effects anyway which I totally love.

I never got into the whole amp modeling thing so I have the GT8 just for the effects which are hand to god as good as it gets. I run a tubescreamer into my amp with the GT8 in the effects loop. I tried recording with it direct once and hated it. The way to go with it is through an amp.

The GT-8 and POD XT Live are both great at different things, if you need great amp modelling then you want the POD. But if you already have a great amp and need a collection of effects, a loop and amp switching options then the GT-8 is for you.

Spoken in a serious, dramatic narrater's voice:

"Imagine a guitar processor........

That would put an end to all that came before it........

Where musicians the world over could have the luscious sound effects of the Boss GT-8..........

And the brutally powerful amp modeling and cabinet simulations of the Line 6 POD XT..........

And in addition..........

Built into it's highly integrated hardware........................

Convolution Reverb

With over 100 impulses created by the top names in todays audio engineering field.........

Introducing..........

The GT POD CR+."

:lol:

The future looks pretty sweet!!!

Hehe, from all that I read in this forum I totally agree with you, Radd!

Anyway, thanks for your answers. I don't really need much of those "effects", I mainly long for a device that generates me great (distortion) sounds without bothering the neighbours. So far I tried the Behringer V-Amp, the Zoom G7 and my old Toneworks board, but they all don't have the sounds I'm searching for.

From what you write the POD is probably the better choice for me (I sold my amp some time ago - idiot!), although the GT-Pro sounded pretty powerful to me as well, but I didn't have the chance to record anything with it.
I saw the POD XT live at that store, but I can't imagine that anybody wants to carry this monster around...

The GT-8 and POD XT Live are both great at different things, if you need great amp modelling then you want the POD. But if you already have a great amp and need a collection of effects, a loop and amp switching options then the GT-8 is for you.

WORD

the summary of the argument always leads to....

Pod = amp models Boss = effects

So i now have the 5150 in 4 cable mode with the gt6, best gear ive had so far! I think RADD has it nailed too. lol!