No Evergrey Shaman Kamelot tour and why ...

Nosferatu6

Feb 12, 2002
www.evergrey.net
Hi

When we decided to do this tour it was to supposed to be a co headlining tour as we sell more albums than Kamelot in countries like Holland Belgium France Sweden etc and therefor we were suppose to headline there, and Kamelot would Headline countries like Spain Italy , But now all of a sudden someone ( or all of them ) think that they are bigger and better than us and they wanted all the money ..Even though the tour was set up by our management ... we could of course not live with that so we said - no thanks - and are currently looking for a different tour all together.

Keep it up ...

' tom

That tour would have kicked ass!! Oh well, as long as I get some Evergrey and Shaman I'll be happy ... :D Even just some of one and I'd be happy, but of course I want BOTH!!! :)

No offence everybody, but Kamelot has a different point of view about this and they've explained it to the fans...

Is it great to talk bullshit about people behind their backs, Nosferatu6?

I want to see both Evergrey and Kamelot. But not in the same evening. So I'm just glad the tour didn't work out.

As a reply for Heidi I believe that Tom has his point of view just like the guys in Kamelot.
And both bands take their side of the story to their fans.

And I think that Tom is entitled to write his thoughts to his fans just like Kahn (or whatever his name is) does to his fans.

on kamelot forum is said something like this..

...Kamelot sells much more than Evergrey and although Evergrey is very good we do not think the musical styles work together...

anyway.. i was really looking forward to see kamelot & evergrey togeather, and shaman could be GREAT bonus.. pity

If it was just that they didn't think that the musical styles fitted together on a tour they wouldn't have to mention anything about what band sells the most at all...

Tht's my point of view... But I don't really care.
I believe that Evergrey will find themselves a good tour anyway.

:lol: Kamelot headliner in France and Evergrey support act, phew... we'll escape that... :rolleyes:

i understand that Evergrey is searching carefully about the tour, i wouldnt see the band as support act with bad sound, no lights and so on... (remember with Therion - in Paris it was a shame :mad: ).

We'll have patience now...

If you are looking for a band suporting you in germany (or in whole europe, if you wish), don't hesitate to ask me and my friends! :)

Okay, I am just dreaming...but I will definetly be at every gig I can be! And I'd definetly prefer an evergrey-only headlining-tour!

Originally posted by Carina
And how do you know that it isn`t Kamelot who talks a lot of bullshit ????

Because they just said it didn't work out and that they didn't find the best solution. Or something. But they didn't blame Evergrey. So that's why they don't speak bullshit. :)

Originally posted by Saxiquine
If it was just that they didn't think that the musical styles fitted together on a tour they wouldn't have to mention anything about what band sells the most at all...

Maybe because that was their webmaster, not the band. Not Khan. And at least in Finland Kamelot sells more. ;)

Hey Metalheads,

Just stumbled across this posting and am very surprised that the tour with Evergrey and Shaman was even mentioned without any confirmation from us at all. So here was our take on the whole thing. We were setting up the European Tour for Epica and the idea was for Shaman to support everywhere but France. This made sense but the label did not agree. Shaman's sales (according to them) were not good in Germany. Then Evergrey was mentioned to join the tour and they would headline in Belgium, Holland and Sweden. Shaman was always considered the headliner in France and Kamelot in Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria. Our label and new management agreed on Evergrey headlining in Sweden but we "Kamelot" nearly sold out the shows in Belgium last year. ALso the musical difference was discussed as well. I have no idea what Evergrey sells...? From our perspective it did not make sense to play a shorter set in Belgium or Holland when we have already established ourselves there. Sweden is a different story and we need to tour there and supporting Evergrey would make a lot of sense. I know Tom from our tour with Crimson Glory and I thought we were good friends. I will say that we make sure not to annouce any tours until they are confirmed. Any fans that know Kamelot personally know we are not egomaniacs and always put the fans first!! Good luck on the new CD Tom and Evergrey, I'm sure its a killer.
Peace,
Thomas/Kamelot