No new Theocracy Christmas song this year, but...

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
Hi Guys--
Sadly, there was no time to record a Christmas song this year. I jumped straight from finishing As the World Bleeds to doing tons of interviews and mixing the upcoming Soulspell record. However, someone mentioned that the original Theocracy Christmas Medley (the first Theocracy Christmas recording ever) wasn't available in the Club of Souls on our site. I thought, "Hmm, that's odd...we should upload it." But then I listened to it, and sonically it was just not up to snuff compared to my more recent work, so I decided to completely remix it so we could upload it to the site and put it on YouTube. So again, apologies for nothing new this year, but here's the medley with a fresh coat of paint. Enjoy! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm mad
Full%201.jpeg

But thank you :D

Awesome Matt! Thanks for the new mix! Sounds much better! :)

I'm a little disappointed too that there's no new song, but hey... people loop the same oldies Christmas songs over and over each year, so I guess it's ok to re-release this again. hah

To make up for no new song this year... any chance you would be willing to give us some stems for remixing? I'd LOVE an opportunity to work with mixing your vocals dude! Either this medley or "O Come Emmanuel" would be killer! :headbang: (I don't even care if it's any of your other Christmas songs... just something requiring a Santa hat. :lol:)

I wasn't here last year so this is new to me, I think it sounds killer, great job mate! \m/

Mix update is great. I always thought the original was really good but then I a/b'd it and really enjoy the new one. Side note and guilty pleasure, my wife and I drive around every year looking at Christmas lights listening to all of the Theocracy Christmas songs on loop.

must have missed your post last year , this is some very awesome stuff,, thanks for posting it Matt!

Rudolph vs frosty is fucking awesome and very clever!

gonna be listening to these A LOT during the holidays ..

thanks again for posting ..

... Side note and guilty pleasure, my wife and I drive around every year looking at Christmas lights listening to all of the Theocracy Christmas songs on loop.

BIG +1 !!!!!!!!!!

After hearing Matt's/Theocracy's Christmas songs, my wife thinks all other Christmas music is retarded (and this is coming from a girl who doesn't really like Metal). Matt just has a voice and a style all his own that seems to not be confined by one genre or fanbase. :kickass:

Hey thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Some of this stuff was SO badly recorded way back then that it took some miracle working to get it to sound so good in the end. I wanted to choke whoever engineered it...oh wait... :)