No New Zealand tour dates?

Sexy_Grandpa

Sexy_Grandpa
Jan 5, 2004
Tauranga, New Zealand
I see on the official site Opeth have multiple tourdates in Australia in September but not a single one in NZ... This is very sad news to me as I was really hoping to be able to see them again. I even remember at their Auckland show in 2006 that he 'promised' that they would be back. I'm just hoping that they may add an Auckland date to the end of the Aussie tour, as I've noticed there isn't any dates after that for about 2 months! I know a lot of people in NZ are big Opeth fans, and would be very appreciative at another chance to see them.

This New Zealand you speak of...is it real? Is everything soft and made of candy?

It is understandable that they don't schedule shows there. Why would they plan to visit a mythological country? Silly forum members!

A lot of things are soft but no candy - everything is made of gumboot and kiwi feathers. Makes activities like opening the fridge or dancing with grapefruits in your armpits a bit different.

I'm flying to Oz to see them, not sure which city yet...any suggestions?

A lot of things are soft but no candy - everything is made of gumboot and kiwi feathers. Makes activities like opening the fridge or dancing with grapefruits in your armpits a bit different.

I'm flying to Oz to see them, not sure which city yet...any suggestions?

Hahah that sounds good man. I'm flying down south to see them, they're not playing in my city (Darwin) so I need to pick a city too! I'm thinking Sydney, got some cousins and friends there, should be good.

Yeah I have friends in Sydney too but I want to be at the best venue/gig and we all know Opeth is more important than friends :lol:

Sydney was awesome in 06. I'm sure each gig would offer something different, so it really depends. I was going to do Melbourne too but uni called.

However, at the PT show, Steven Wilson said the Sydney crowd was more metal :kickass:

Yeah that sucks for NZ, odd they didn't do at least one date. I'm flying up to Sydney as well even though I know the Palace will dominate, can't resist seeing them again.

Yeah that really does suck that they're not coming here. Auckland was a great show!
I haven't been overseas yet and was going to wait until I could spend a good amount of time (and money) over there, but as soon as I found out they were going to Aussie, it took me all of 3 seconds to decide I'm going!

There still aren't any dates announced for October so I dunno, maybe something will pop up yet? If they come to NZ I'm damn well going to that too!

- Go to Australia! Do it! :headbang:

Makes me feel privilaged to have seen opeth in NZ in 2006 as i was traveling the country then, it was an amazing show and st.james theatre was a beautiful venue for said gig.