No Room At The INN

We had two rooms reserved, one for me and my (pregnant) wife, and one for my friend Roman and his wife. Three of us are gold badgers. And now none of us have a room at the Artmore. We also reserved a year ago. When they called today to give us the boot, they also said this was because Glenn needed more rooms. They made us reservations at the Residence (for lesser rooms- thanks a lot) and guaranteed that we will never book a room at that place again.

Obviously I wasn't the only one they are bullshitting to that Glenn is the reason why they are now over booked.

I have 2 rooms there and both are still booked. I will however be canceling one of those rooms.

I'm at the Marriott on 14th st, its right by the Starbucks and 2 blocks from the gas station that sells beer. Its .4 miles from the venue they had rooms when I booked mine last week.

I made sure to get confirmations from this hotel. I have a confirmation e-mail from last november as well as this March. The hotel is now independemtly owned and no longer affiliated with Best Western. the Manager (Michael) said he is as high as it goes for complaints.

Ahhh.

It begins.

--Again.

When I called the fArtmore a week ago, they still had my reservation on file. When I jokingly mentioned that the property had a history of "losing" reservations, I was told "Oh, WE don't do that."

Uh-huh. Sure.

At what point can I assume that I have beaten the odds and managed to secure a suite at the Artmore? My backup reservation at the Inn at the Peachtrees has to be cancelled with 48 hours' warning.......

They did the same thing to me too. They told me the reservation could not be honored and booked a room at the Residence Inn for me. It will end up saving me some money, but it still sucks.

I have a feeling if they're blaming this on Glenn they're going to have one big shitstorm in the morning. I'd like to be a fly on the wall during THAT conversation. What kind of fucking idiot made this business call?

You guys do realize that all those "I'll never stay here again"'s don't do any good when year after year they're sold out.

Although I'd consider not booking there in the future, since they obviously have a history of doing that, and who needs that hassle. And I suspect them being independent makes them worse than when they were under Best Western... at least if they have corp overlords, you can lean on them by pushing the right buttons further up the food chain.

Probably best to have a back up plan...

I have a feeling if they're blaming this on Glenn they're going to have one big shitstorm in the morning. I'd like to be a fly on the wall during THAT conversation. What kind of fucking idiot made this business call?

LOl, I do believe Michael has some splaining to do.
Hey Glenn, when you're finished ripping them for using you as an excuse, could you ask them why the folks who had their reservation the longest(which are probably all gold badge members) are being ousted before others?

I called to confirm my reservation yesterday (Tues) and was able to confirm our reservation for our 1 King Suite at The Artmore. (Whew!)

As a Gold Badge holder, I also booked my room last year before the hotel changed from The Granada to The Artmore. Knowing The Granada's reputation (and anticipating the remodel/change-over might cause The Artmore some of the same issues), I decided to book directly by calling the hotel and not booking through a travel website. I also called to confirm back in February and then just called yesterday to re-confirm. I'm really hoping that booking directly with the hotel has saved me from one of these dreaded phone calls that others are talking about.

I called to confirm my reservation yesterday (Tues) and was able to confirm our reservation for our 1 King Suite at The Artmore. (Whew!)

As a Gold Badge holder, I also booked my room last year before the hotel changed from The Granada to The Artmore. Knowing The Granada's reputation (and anticipating the remodel/change-over might cause The Artmore some of the same issues), I decided to book directly by calling the hotel and not booking through a travel website. I also called to confirm back in February and then just called yesterday to re-confirm. I'm really hoping that booking directly with the hotel has saved me from one of these dreaded phone calls that others are talking about.

Actually, I did the same thing. I called and talked to Laquan to book the room last year, and he sent me a e-mail confirmation on November 9, 2008, I also called to reconfirm and was sent another confirmation on Best Western letter head from March 7th, 2009.

It's pretty interesting that this Michael dude tries to put the blame on Glenn, who has taken over the whole damn place for next year. Now Michael tries to make Glenn look bad in front of his paying audience.
Glenn should point out a thing or two, and even ask for a better price for his own business there next year. And I wouldn't be surprised if drama king Michael no longer work there next year. He should have thought of a much better excuse...

I returned home yesterday to a message from Michael at the Artmore. I was unable to reach him when I returned the call. I guess I know what it's about now.

I left a rather nice message for the sales manager to call me today.

Wow, sucks for you guys. I swore I'd never stay at the Grenada after the whole aforementioned 2001 debacle.

I don't think they'll have it open. It's still blocked, even though everything except the center medians look done. They'll probably keep it closed till the details are finished.

My memory says it was supposed to be closed through two football seasons and last season was the first, so I don't expect it to be open until sometime next year.

You guys do realize that all those "I'll never stay here again"'s don't do any good when year after year they're sold out.

The point is not to hurt the hotel, it's to not subject yourself to a company that clearly does not want your business. I don't know about you, but I want a company to work just as hard to earn my money as I work to earn it from my employer. If a company does not demonstrate this consideration to me, I simply do not do business with them. Ever again. They never notice, I'm sure, but, again, that's not the point.

Actually, I did the same thing. I called and talked to Laquan to book the room last year, and he sent me a e-mail confirmation on November 9, 2008, I also called to reconfirm and was sent another confirmation on Best Western letter head from March 7th, 2009.

I would sue the fuck out of them. Maybe a class action lawsuit is in order.

I left a rather nice message for the sales manager to call me today.

Lol, you do better than me, I would be fuming.

You scared the hell outta me with this thread title. Just by coincidence - I called the Inn at the Peachtrees yesterday at lunch just to make sure that they still had our reservations and they had my buddie's name as well - since he will be driving down from Maryland and prolly get there before my flight gets in.

All is good - they have always hooked us up. Looking forward to another week of madness - I think the Inn has a happy hour as well - but often times it is when we are already heading down to the Center Stage.

14 days to ATL, not that I am counting or anything
jeff:headbang: