No smoking at Iron Maiden concerts?

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
hahaha.. One of the best lines I have ever heard from a frontman.

Last night (2nd Sydney show), someone down in the front rows started up a ciggarette.... The smoke made it's way to the stage...

Bruce - "Oh, that's just fucking great. Someone has lit up a cigarette. What the fuck...."

Then he spots the person with the smoke and says

"You.... You fucking disgusting CUNT... Put that shit away. My lungs have to work up here... I don't give a fuck what you do to yourself but keep it away from me ya got it?"

I think the guy might have put the cigarette out after that. haha.

:OMG:I wish he'd of done that to the guy who kept lighting up next to me! That wouldve been awesome!

Speaking of LOL, a workmate dropped Sat's Daily Telegraph 'Maiden article on my desk.

Reading the articl is one of the funniest typos I've read.

"Iron Maiden's long-time manager Rod Smallbone says"

I think the reporter's been reading back history on Maiden Downunder.

Heh. For the first Melbourne show there was so much fog for Rime you couldn't see the stage. There was just a wall of smoke with music coming out of it. They seem to have tweaked it a bit for the following shows. Now it doesn't get much higher than their knees.

hahaha.. One of the best lines I have ever heard from a frontman.

Last night (2nd Sydney show), someone down in the front rows started up a ciggarette.... The smoke made it's way to the stage...

Bruce - "Oh, that's just fucking great. Someone has lit up a cigarette. What the fuck...."

Then he spots the person with the smoke and says

"You.... You fucking disgusting CUNT... Put that shit away. My lungs have to work up here... I don't give a fuck what you do to yourself but keep it away from me ya got it?"

I think the guy might have put the cigarette out after that. haha.

I gave up the smokes 5 years ago but it wouldn't bother me if the person next to me was smoking...But I'm not the one getting paid millions$ to sing to the world. So good on Bruce.D for wot he said, the dude was lucky Bruce.D didn't have him kicked-out of the concert and slapped with a fine.

that's in my opinion

I'm not used to people smoking at gigs these days, and it's great. Smelling smoke almost makes me feel sick now.

I'm not used to people smoking at gigs these days, and it's great. Smelling smoke almost makes me feel sick now.

Same with pubs here.

So good not to go home wreaking of ciggies.
Or having a cigarette accidentally burn you in the mosh because someone wasn't paying attention.

Saw someone almost lose an eye at Opeth at the Enmore when someone lit up in the pit and the guy behind him got knocked forward into it.

i'm gonna start a "start smacking cunts" movement via the interent, where if people do the wrong thing, someone will smack them.

Have the arrogance to light up a smoke in a non smoking venue causing discomfort to all those around you, because you figure people will put up with it? No, someone should smack the cunt over the back of the head.

Same for those idiots who start throwing themselves into people who are trying to watch the band. If you want to mosh, go to a stupid death metal show or something. Someone should smack those cunts over the back of the head.

who's with me?

i'm gonna start a "start smacking cunts" movement via the interent, where if people do the wrong thing, someone will smack them.

Have the arrogance to light up a smoke in a non smoking venue causing discomfort to all those around you, because you figure people will put up with it? No, someone should smack the cunt over the back of the head.

Same for those idiots who start throwing themselves into people who are trying to watch the band. If you want to mosh, go to a stupid death metal show or something. Someone should smack those cunts over the back of the head.

who's with me?

:headbang:

I'll get the Tongans and start the website to register complaints.:Smug: