Nobuo Uematsu

Krondor

Jan 16, 2008
Finland
So what do you guys think of him? :p

He's a freaking genius if you ask me. Listening to FFVII OST and oh my god...

Of course this OST may feel alot better because I have such strong feelings for this game and these songs bring back memories, but still...

Yeah, I know, but still I don't think I'm using it TOO loosely... But hey, someone might say that Einstein was a genius, and some others may think he's actually not that much of a "genius". But anyways, Listen to Cosmo Canyon from FF7, that's one fine example of Nobuo's work, mix of chinese and this "native" american stuff, or what ever it is called... :p

His work in Lost Odyssey is particularly awesome

I seriously suggest people to watch this video, at 1:10 it gets all kinds of awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Good
2. Overrated

yes, both.

Yuki Kajiura and Yoshihiro Ike, not to mention hundreds of others, are trampled by Uematsu fandom. And why? It's popular to just accept him as the only relevant composer. Popular, and dismissive.

But hey, someone might say that Einstein was a genius, and some others may think he's actually not that much of a "genius."
Anyone who doesn't think Einstein is a genius is a douche.

Anyway, I love Uematsu! He has this cool jazz-influenced style in everything he does - you can even see it pop up in his more "classical" arrangements, which makes them sound really unique.

He's good! Lots of good songs but also lots of weak material. On avg his material is great though. :)

And Einstein was a genius. He was not entirely correct with his theories but his way of thinking inspired so many more later and changed the scientific view a lot.