Noise Suppressor

Judzfell

Schadenfreude
Dec 4, 2009
Ontario
Was thinking of getting a noise suppressor( Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor comes into mind) , but I've heard that it reduces effects and I'm not really sure if It would be an improvement, I'm a noob when it comes into equipment knowledge, currently only using a Death metal pedal from Digitech, and my Peavey 30 watt amp.

Worth getting or no? any advice appreciated.

I use the hush super c and am happy with it, however I also hear good things about the decimator pedal and wouldnt mind picking up a boss noise pedal either. At times it would be nice to be able to have it footswitchable.

I have the Boos NS-2 and it does a decent job. Although, if you have a serious noise issue, I'd try the Decimator. I know I'm going to after my Boss dies. That is, if it ever does...

Thanks, I'm hearing great things about the decimator, my noise problem isn't too bad, so I think I'll go with the cheaper and effective.

The Decimator is probably a good choice. I don't recall ever hearing any negative feedback.

I personally use the Rocktron Hush Pedal. I have it after my Tube Screamer to stop my amp from squealing when I step near it. It does all that I want it to, it doesn't cut all of the noise which I have no problem with. I like for their to be a bit of noise.

I've been using a Boss NS-2 for like... ummm.... like, fuckin 2002. At least. Its been on my pedal board since the day I built it, way back when... and its been all over the place for shows, practices, stepped on, dropped, gotten wet from beer and water, been slammed on... and it still has the sticker price tag on it lol.

That shit won't break even if you want it to.

Soundwise, I have NEVER noticed a suck of tone.

Wanna hear it in action? Go to my band's myspace page and listen to Unholy Ceremonies, The Black Gate, Curse of Enthrallment, or Call of the Ghoul. Thats from my bands last EP, where my signal path was Ironbird w/ Duncan Invader -> 5150 (GE-7 eq -> NS-2) -> Marshall 1960A 4x12.

I'm pretty sure that tone doesn't suck, lol

www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

Hey I checked out a few songs, the guitar tone is nice, I find my pedal works good for a few minutes, then it will completely destroy the sound of the guitar and pedals, So I have it unplugged for now.

How do I get it working? is their something special to it in regards for cables, placement... etc. Any ideas?

Idon't have a pedal board, just two other guitar pedals I use.

Get the pedal checked out by a friend who knows their shit, or a tech, because that definitely is not normal

Anybody who doesn't think the NS-2 changes tone is either has a bad ear or doesn't have the gate level up very high. Now, don't throw anything at me. I'm not saying the change is bad (though not to my particular liking). However, you can't deny it changes your sound slightly.

The thing about Gates that people need to realize is that every noise gate is going to react differently with different set-ups. That's just how shit works. Even Decimator's hack sustain with some setups.

I would suggest you take your setup to a Guitar Center and try them side by side with your gear. However, if you're having noise problems and you're only running a Digitech DM with a 30 Watt Peavey then you should really work on your technique and work with controlling the noise rather than taking the easy way out (which by the way doesn't help you in any manner, it only causes future trouble and WILL hinder your playing).