NOKTURNAL MORTUM - Mirovozzrenie

Ok, so I've only heard 2 tracks so far but holy shit this is great. This is indeed the direction I've wanted them to take and then some!

Granted, I've only heard NeChrist and Lunar Poetry before this, but Weltanschauung (the version I'm listening to apparently) is amazingly superior.

Order it. Fucking fantastic, it is.

I thought about ordering both versions, but if the differences are what Mr. Majestic listed, then I'll pass.

So where can I order the English version of this? I would order the Russian version but I love the English one from what I've heard of it.

By the way, anybody have links to the differences in album cover art?

00-nokturnal_mortum-mirovozzrenie-2005-front-gw.jpg

weltanschauungfront_gross.jpg

It's quite irrelevant, really.

M.Lehto said:
I just don't get into this band, I have NeChrist on vinyl and it really bores me.

Well, maybe you should get a track from this album... NeChrist and Weltanshauung are two completely different collections. Most easily noticed is the difference in production. I'll try to upload a song later.

J. said:
ya, I have the top cover. what happened to the swastikas in the logo? or am I just missing them?

I'm pretty sure that No Colours didn't want them to use that particular style of logo. After they got raided by the government and had a lot of Graveland/Absurb confiscated, they are trying to keep things a bit more subtle.

they had Graveland stuff confiscated by the gov't? haha. freedom of beliefs don't exist in Germany, eh?

NM still coulda used 'em on the Oriana release, but I don't really care. I was just curious. Personally, I don't think that image fits their music, so all's well.

I thought so too but apparently their are ways around the laws. I know Nazism in any shape or form used to be completly outlawed but I remember reading something recently about a neo-nazi march somewhere in Germany. Then again I could be imagining this whole thing.

Either way, what a shit cover. I don't imagine gladiators walking through wheat fields of sunny Tuscany when I think of the lunar poetry of NM, unless of course the material on the new album is a bit more Mediterranean. :loco:

En Vind Av Sorg said:
I thought so too but apparently their are ways around the laws. I know Nazism in any shape or form used to be completly outlawed but I remember reading something recently about a neo-nazi march somewhere in Germany. Then again I could be imagining this whole thing.
Unfortunately, nazi dumbasses still exist, and every now and then they're allowed to march the streets and even get protection from the police against the leftists who - luckily - always outnumber the rights by far.

There is a new film coming out from the UK called Valiant ( http://www.valiantmovie.co.uk/flash.html ). It's an animated comedy flick about the carrier pigeons that the Brits used to communicate with the French during WWII, and to counter this messaging service, the Gerries trained falcons to take them out.

Anyway, I hear Germany have refused to distribute it in their movie theaters. Apparently they're sick and tired of being persecuted for the whole "nazi" WWII thing. Hahaha.

Marksveld said:
I'm pretty sure that No Colours didn't want them to use that particular style of logo. After they got raided by the government and had a lot of Graveland/Absurb confiscated, they are trying to keep things a bit more subtle.
I doubt it... They just changed teh logo to the othilar thing a while back. It's better

JayKeeley said:
Either way, what a shit cover. I don't imagine gladiators walking through wheat fields of sunny Tuscany when I think of the lunar poetry of NM, unless of course the material on the new album is a bit more Mediterranean.

If you don't take the cover in the context of the movie I think it's quite fitting.

Erik said:
I doubt it... They just changed teh logo to the othilar thing a while back. It's better

No, I'm actually pretty sure that this is the reason- don't get me wrong, I like the runic one A LOT better too.