Non-english Metal

Orfanos

Apr 19, 2005
Greece
Orphaned Land is one of the metal groups which dared to sing lyrics on their own language. And the result is perfect!

It would be a good idea to post here interesting metal bands which don't have english lyrics and they also sound great.

Malediction from France is a very good example.:kickass:

I'm really interested in bands from Argentina, Brazil and Mexico, so the users from these countries are called to make their recommendations.:loco:

I recommend Mezarkabul (aka Pentagram in Turkey) if you haven't listened to already (I guess they are known in Greece better than anywhere else in the world -excluding Turkey of course)
They have songs in Turkish and they're one of my favourite bands.
The album "Bir" for example is fully in Turkish. Also in the album Anatolia they have "Gündüz Gece" (turkish folk song), and acoustic song called "Sonsuzluk" and a Turkish version of the song Anatolia.

Besides that I like the folk metal band "Mago de Oz" from Spain but it may sound too "happy" for most metalheads :p
And there is a heavy metal band called Baron Rojo from Spain but I haven't listened to them yet.

In fact, personally I'm pretty curious about Japanese metal, anybody knows a good band singing in Japanese?

@UnConcious: Of course I know Mezarkabul, they are well known in Greece too. I have "Unspoken" and "Anatolia" albums which are really very good , but I prefer "Unspoken" because it combines better folk turkish music with metal (Anatolia is more folk). Both are very good albums, for sure.

I finally noticed another turkish band called Almora. I have not listened to anything from them yet, but from descriptions I learnt that they play symphonic metal or something and they sing in turkish language.

As for japanese metal, the best band there is Loudness. They started at the early 80s and have released several albums. I have Disillusion, one of the best metal albums that was released in 1984.

edit: Does anyone of the Turkish mates know a mailorder where I can find Bir album?

Band I used listen to:

Fiaba, from Italy. Album "I Racconti Del Giullare Cantore"
IV Luna, from Italy. Album "D'Incanto"
Il Maniscalco Maldestro, from Italy. Album "Il Maniscalco Maldestro"
Deus Ex Machina, from Italy (latin and italian). Album "De Republica"
(and if you want some prog-rock there are many incredible bands!)

Gåte, from Norway. Album "Ygri"

Pentagram or Mezarkabul, from Turkey (english and turkish). Album "Anatolia".

Misanthrope, from France (english and french). Album "Visionnaire".

In Extremo, from Germany (German, latin, old spanish, old norvegian, olf french, gaelic... all the all old european languages... there is also 'Le 'Or Chiyuchech' in ebrew). Album "7".

Rammstein, from Germany. Album "Mutter"

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, from Germany (german and english). Album "Have A Nice Trip".

Angizia, form Austria. Album "39 Jahre Für Den Leierkastenmann"

Cruachan, from Ireland (irish and english). Album "Folk-Lore".

Ajattara from Finland is a fantastic band as well. The leader of this band is the ex-Amorphis singer, Pasi Koskinen, who sings in finnish there. I have listened to their debut album Itse.

Also Pokolgep from Hungary is a very good band. They play classic heavy metal of the 80s (when they started) but the lyrics are written in their own language. Pretty awesome!

@Wayward Son: Thanks!

Two of my fave metal band sing in their respective mother tongues: Moonsorrow from Finland and Negura Bunget from Romania.
Both play epic black metal, their songs can be 15 mins and longer, very atmospheric and emotional black metal combined with traditional influences, using some quite exotic instruments (check last year's tour photos on Negura Bunget's website) and interesting song structures.
Check them out!

For a start I recommend by
Negura Bunget: " 'n crugu bradului"
Moonsorrow: "Verisakeet" and "Voimasta ja Kunniasta"

http://www.negurabunget.com

http://www.moonsorrow.com

VINTERSORGVINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORGVINTERSORG
VINTERSORG Seriously just scroll down to V on the forums list. Best Voice ever.

For Argentina you can check out Mastifal, a Death/Thrash Metal band http://www.myspace.com/mastifal

More local metal bands that sing in spanish are V8, Hermetica, Almafuerte (all of them thrash metal)

For a more prog thing you can try la Maquina de Hacer Pajaros (Yes-like prog-rock)

And well, thats all for now until i finish workning on my Metal/Tango project :headbang:

edit: you can also check out Warbreed (melodic death metal) http://www.myspace.com/thewarbreed but the lyrics are in english

I forgot PUYA. The best metal-crossover band of all times!

From Portorico, sinf in inglish, spanish and spanglish (like Ricky Martin :D).

Sepultura-Samba-Salsa-Funky-Jazz-Faith No More.

I forgot to mention TYR from the Faroe Islands. In their only album Eric the Red, they have some traditional songs of their beautiful country, where they sing in their mother tongue.

I recommend this album to everyone. Real epic/viking metal, with a wonderful cover of Wild Rover (a famous irish traditional song).