Non-english Metal

Metal head87 said:
Really? I'm not too surprised since doesn't everyone in Finland speak perfect Swedish (as well as English:lol: ).
Yep, the band is from Helsinki and there it's 50/50 with the language of the people who live there. Either swedish or finnish.

in_absentia said:
Definetly what MetalHead87 said. Have to especially listen to Sorgens Kammer Del II from Dimmu Borgir's Stormblast
That song was actually pretty good.
At first I didn't like Størmblåst 2005 so much, but after listening to that and then listening to the original Størmblåst, I think it helped me appreciate the original more. Especially the drum work. The only track where I really thought the drum work was jaw dropping on the original was on the first song (with all of those crazy drum rolls). Then I put my speakers and iPod on a different setting, and holy shit. I heard all those drum rolls from Tjodalv that you could barely hear because the double bass and cymbal work comletely masks it. On the third track of the original version, during all the blast beats, listen very closely. You can hear all these amazing drum rolls

Don't remember whether Thyrfing have already been mentioned in this thread - I have Farsotstider and Vansinnesvisor, both amazing albums and the lyrics mainly in Swedish - but my actual question goes out to all you Swedes out there: How do you pronounce their name correctly?

I think it's pronounced "terfing" (like surfing) but I don't really know.
Didn't I mention them? Even though it's only half in Swedish, Urkraft is my favorite album from them. The melody in Home Again is so beautiful.

Also
Kampfar
Taake
Mork Gryning on their Tusen År Har Gått album (though some of it is English I believe)
Storm's Nordavind (despite the accusations, the lyrics were not racist)
As someone already mentioned, Dornenreich is excellent too.

@UnConcious: Of course I know Mezarkabul, they are well known in Greece too. I have "Unspoken" and "Anatolia" albums which are really very good , but I prefer "Unspoken" because it combines better folk turkish music with metal (Anatolia is more folk). Both are very good albums, for sure.

I finally noticed another turkish band called Almora. I have not listened to anything from them yet, but from descriptions I learnt that they play symphonic metal or something and they sing in turkish language.

As for japanese metal, the best band there is Loudness. They started at the early 80s and have released several albums. I have Disillusion, one of the best metal albums that was released in 1984.

edit: Does anyone of the Turkish mates know a mailorder where I can find Bir album?

If u still looking this album, I can help u. But I know this; metal albums not sell all music shops in Turkey. cause they havent much listener/buyer. However... If u need help, u write an email to me which albums u want. I can look and seek your need albums for you. Thanks.