Non-english Metal

Ariana, Haggard is really cool, but sadly i couldn't be in the concerts of them in Istanbul : /

And Bursa is still on my plans :p

But boringly things don't let me to do anything i want, next week, i will have vacation and i will be away from istanbul. again i have to delay my bursa trip . * But well 2 weeks ago i was in Iznik and it was also great.

HeathenPride said:
I also have a project, that i am playing guitar in a band in my district but because of the work stuff, i cannot enough time and energy for it : /

But our main thema is Zoroastrian Religion, mosapotaimian and anatolian cultures like Sumerians, Akadians, or hitties etc. But i can say that we are mainy into Zoroastrians and i even sometimes fell myself that i belong to that religion.
That's fucking cool, I always had interest in Zoroastrism, in fact I always wanted to hear/create something like that.

I really want to hear your stuff!
but just to wonder... will it sound anything like Melechesh? :p

Well, I'm listening now to Malediction - Condamnes.

pcondamnes1rr.jpg

I have no many words to say. What a great album! What a band! These French guys are perfect! I couldn't believe that I would love so much a metal album with lyrics sung at french. Until I listened to Esclave du Vice (at first) and now Condamnes.

Probably Malediction is the best european HEAVY METAL band of these days. I really can't wait for their new album (although I don't know their plans for a new recording) and I feel like a fool for not attending their show 45 days ago in Athens...:erk:

Although more rock than metal, the Mexican prog band Agora sing in Spanish. They have two albums out - both excellent.

Onmyouza are a Japanese power metal sort of band. Their latest release is particularly good I think.

Heol Telwen,
Aes Dana,
Bran Barr,

3 French Celtic Black Metal bands all with lyrics in French and I think Heol Telwen might have 1 song in Breton.

Pagan Reign,
Severnye Vrata,

2 bands that sing in Russian.

I saw the russian bands in the last post and I said: "How could I forget it?"

If you like traditional metal, you have to listen to Aria, the best russian hard rock/heavy metal band. From the early 80s they have released nine albums, and now they are finishing the recordings of their 10nth release. Yes, they sing in russian and the result is very good.

Recommended albums:

Krov za Krov (Blood for Blood)
Igra S Ognyom (Playing with Fire)
Geroy Asfalta (Hero of the Speedway)

One of the reasons why I love OL is you can listen to them in a raki table :) .
And they sang Fesuphanallah when they've come to Turkey (a song from a local singer Erkin Koray). I heard so. :headbang:

Anyway in Turkey, there aren't many metal bands who sing in Turkish. Just Pentagram and Almora maybe.

Chastise said:
One of the reasons why I love OL is you can listen to them in a raki table :) .
And they sang Fesuphanallah when they've come to Turkey (a song from a local singer Erkin Koray). I heard so. :headbang:
It's Estarabim and that song fucking rocks!
Try searching it in Youtube, you can find the video for it.

The weirdest band ever Die Apokalyptischen Reiter(correct me if I spelled that wrong)
Well they range from death to thrash to rock to pop to salsa music???
they sing in German English and Spanish I think.

Great bands from France Proton Burst & Forbidden Site rip now the vocalist play with Eden Ersatz and the drum player with Varsovie.
From Germany Dornenreich

Dimmu Borgir's For All Tid, Størmblåst and a couple of the songs on Death Cult Armageddon are in Norwegian. For All Tid is one of my favorite black metal albums ever.

Borknagar's self titled debut album is in Norwegian.

Moonsorrow is in Finnish.

Most of Darkthrone's stuff is in Norwegian.
Some of Carpathian Forest's stuff (which I don't understand why their material that had a folky kind of sound was in English) is in Norwegian.

Amon Amarth had a couple of songs in Swedish.

Khold actually plays in Norsk if I'm not mistaken.

Ulver first 3 albums were not in English. I don't know what languages they were exactly. I've seen someone say it was in Danish, but I'm assuming it was either in Norwegian or Norsk.

Some of Satyricon's earlier work was in Norwegian or Norsk.

Most of Dødheimsgard's Kronet Til Konge is in Norwegian.

Aes Dana is in French I think.

Most of Burzum is in Norwegian.

Finntroll is in Finnish.

Horna is in Finnish.

Jotunspor is in Norwegian. They are the new two piece band which features King Ov Hell who just left Gorgoroth. I'm going to write a review for their album soon. It's kind of like ambient, noisy, nature influenced black metal.

Obviously I don't need to mention that Orphaned Land has some non-English lyrics. Never mind, I just did mention it.

There are many others as well. A lot of it is folk/Viking/black metal, but there are also some other kinds of bands that sing in their native tongue.

Really? I'm not too surprised since doesn't everyone in Finland speak perfect Swedish (as well as English:lol: ).