Non Metal

Hey everyone. I just found out about this artist Yanni, and I checked out this song. Sounds amazing so far to me. Not metal at all, but definitely relaxing to listen to

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense, but Yanni has been active for over 30 years. You're just now hearing about him?

What?! How have none of you ever heard of Yanni? I must be an old man in a young person's body or just really out of touch. This is weird. o_o

What?! How have none of you ever heard of Yanni? I must be an old man in a young person's body or just really out of touch. This is weird. o_o
You're quite exaggerating here.....I dont understand what made you expect everyone here would've heard of him. We're on a metal forum, it makes complete sense. How is that weird at all man?

Besides, Ive heard his 3 first albums now, and its just beautiful. Shame Ive not heard of him until yesterday, but its understandable

I expected most other people to have at least heard of him before; he's had like what, over 30 gold albums, he's a hugely influential musician/composer in contemporary music, and over 20 million records sold. I know it's a metal forum but I at least expected people to have heard of him! Oh well.

I have overestimated you, Kingface and Matt. ;)

I expected most other people to have at least heard of him before; he's had like what, over 30 gold albums, he's a hugely influential musician/composer in contemporary music, and over 20 million records sold. I know it's a metal forum but I at least expected people to have heard of him! Oh well.

Its okay really, I'm sure no one was offended. So what are your favorite albums by him?? So far Ive only checked the first three, and they're awesome....Kinda wondering what the rest sounds like. I really cant tell the difference between the songs.....they all sound similar

I'm not the only one, then:). Perhaps it's got something to do with what part of life you're in, as well. Lately I've been wanting more deeper lyrics, with which I can relate and/or think a lot about. And I feel that not many bands fall under that category...

Kind of the same principle as when you're in love and like listening to love songs;).

I think where you are in life is a significant factor indeed when it comes to music and lyrics. As a teenager I was massively into death metal, along with my melodic tastes, but it had an element of "angry young man" about it. When you are growing up you rage against the system.......but when you get to my age you've almost become part of the system :)

Good job it's a fact rather than a matter of belief eh? lol!

Yeah I have quite a collection of death metal albums from when I first heard "Leprosy" by Death back in 87 or thereabouts.....listening to bands like Deicide, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Incantation to name but a few

For most people his greatest hits will suffice; I highly, highly recommend you and anybody else interested listen to it. I love everything on it but I especially suggest the songs Aria, Santorini, The Mermaid, The Rain Must Fall, and In The Morning Light. Aria is one of my favorite pieces of music. So joyous and uplifting.

I love death metal once in a while, surprised to hear that about you, Steve! Gotta say you're right on the money with that "angry young man" statement. Every passing year seems to subdue my unjustified adolescent rage just a little bit :lol:

Good job it's a fact rather than a matter of belief eh? lol!

Yeah I have quite a collection of death metal albums from when I first heard "Leprosy" by Death back in 87 or thereabouts.....listening to bands like Deicide, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Incantation to name but a few
When it comes to death metal bands, I used to listen to Possessed, Aborted and Napalm Death. I didnt discover much other bands, since I didnt listen to the genre for a long time. I find it more like a hole in the head these days. No offense to those who love it, though :)

Actually theres something else I was wondering. Does bands listen to their own music? So you, Steve, do you listen to Power Quest? Really....Ive been curious about that for a long time. Its strange but I wonder if it happens sometimes