Non-musical hobbies?

I smoked that shit as I was a teenager..I did nothing for my future! As I stopped with it, I began to realize, that I´m a talented guitar player. So since this time I really worked hard and focussed my dreams consquently with bleeding fingers and pure obesession. I can say dope braked me totaly. I only was motivated to benumb and get some dope from people I didn´t like. That was a terrible TIME!!! I had "friends" wich the most important thing was always smoke weed for them. Today they are still in their weed hole and I earn money with my own e-guitar school.

I had never reached this, If I didn´t stop this smokin. Maybe there are people who can handle this, but I definitivly did not!!

I smoked that shit as I was a teenager..I did nothing for my future! As I stopped with it, I began to realize, that I´m a talented guitar player. So since this time I really worked hard and focussed my dreams consquently with bleeding fingers and pure obesession. I can say dope braked me totaly. I only was motivated to benumb and get some dope from people I didn´t like. That was a terrible TIME!!! I had "friends" wich the most important thing was always smoke weed for them. Today they are still in their weed hole and I earn money with my own e-guitar school.

I had never reached this, If I didn´t stop this smokin. Maybe there are people who can handle this, but I definitivly did not!!

Good perspective Felix.

While I partake from time to time, there is aboslutely no way I could all day, every day. Some people can I suppose, but not me.

There was a point where this was more often, but it just drains me.

While it may not be physically addictive, it definitely can affect your productivity and like Felix I have seen many go down that path and turn into vegetables. No motivation, no future, etc.

Depends on the willpower of the person I suppose.

-Joe

Good perspective Felix.

While I partake from time to time, there is aboslutely no way I could all day, every day. Some people can I suppose, but not me.

There was a point where this was more often, but it just drains me.

While it may not be physically addictive, it definitely can affect your productivity and like Felix I have seen many go down that path and turn into vegetables. No motivation, no future, etc.

Depends on the willpower of the person I suppose.

-Joe

Yeah Joe..willpower is the word! Ambition and willpower was zero % in my time as a teenager. I was only motivated to get weed somehow.
And the panic I got, when I could NOT get some weed, was terrible. I can say, I was addicted. You try to come in a special lobby to get some weed for a fair price and at some time you realize..IT IS WRONG! I´m glad, that I´m out of it. Only Coffee & sometimes a good beer is written on my beverage menu.

The worst of all was the experience, that people rins down their honour, only to get a piece of dope. I really have seen people who sell their body for it..makin blowjobs or something. Damn junkie hell. Not my world, dudes.

Dude....have you seen the back of a $5 bill....on WEED?!?!?!

Weed is like alcohol, caffeine and sugar. All can be mentally addictive even when not physically. Only weed is more potent than other kinds of smoke. For me personally, it's illegal so I don't touch it. Doubt I would if it was legal but that's something else.

Yeah Joe..willpower is the word! Ambition and willpower was zero % in my time as a teenager. I was only motivated to get weed somehow.
And the panic I got, when I could NOT get some weed, was terrible. I can say, I was addicted. You try to come in a special lobby to get some weed for a fair price and at some time you realize..IT IS WRONG! I´m glad, that I´m out of it. Only Coffee & sometimes a good beer is written on my beverage menu.

The worst of all was the experience, that people rins down their honour, only to get a piece of dope. I really have seen people who sell their body for it..makin blowjobs or something. Damn junkie hell. Not my world, dudes.

Damn that's pretty extreme dude. Yeah, I haven't seen anything that extreme, but I definitely notice people's personalities change. Even if it's a miniscule change, or a lack of motivation, it's a change.

-Joe

Yeah, one of my best friends who used to be straight up metal started smoking big-time and now listens to all this stoner hooha like Kyuss, Big Business, High on Fire, etc. - no thanks :Smug: (though he at least still loves metal, but not as much sadly :()

I do artwork for bands, and I like to cook (especially curries). I'm also well into football ("soccer"...ha), I'm a religious Tottenham fan and play 2 or 3 times week.

But most hobbies in my life revolves around playing music in some form...writing, recording and listening etc.

Wow... all I have to say, and Marcus knows from a previous convo we had, people that are retarded "from smoking weed" (what we called perma-fried) are like that already. The weed didn't necessarily do that to them. I have a couple of friends that are like that myself...but I knew them before they ever smoked for the first time...they were that kind of person to begin with.

As far as it making you feel stupid or like you can't accomplish anything...it's what you make it ;) I can get completely baked and still do everything like I normally do. Drive. Cook. Record. Mix. Edit. Hang out with my parents. I have no problems functioning like normal when I am any degree of under the influence. People that "need" it? Weak. Pure and simple.

~006

Yeah, I think if weed realldy did make you retarded, there'd be a lot more fucktards walking around than there already are. And furthermore, going along with Jeff, everyone I know is basically retarded even more than I am, so even if they were smoking weed, I wouldn't be able to determine if weed had any effect anyway.
Literally almost EVERYONE I know burns it and a lot of them could be high and function in a business setting and I wouldn't even be able to tell. They just do it for the same reasons anyone does anything: they like the feeling.

"You ever suck a dick for Weed?"

Haha no :) But believe me, I saw it. And the really weird thing was the fact, that I was in the same room while the desperate weed girl makes his job. Haha more I´ll not say about that.

I think, some of you people who smoke, can handle this. But there are so much people who cannot. And I still hang up with friends, who sometimes - not often - smoke weed. I do not condemn, especially the sneap dudes here. FREEDOM for all!

Marcusss, I love the stoner stuff, but that's a different story dude. :p

Yeah i really believe it's different for everyone. I think if you smoke often enough then you adapt and can function on it. I never made it to that point really. Once in a while is ok for me.
-Joe