Non-musical hobbies?

It seems guns and the pursuit of addictions are winning so far. We're a healthy, well-adjusted bunch, aren't we? ;). I'm adding one to the second pile. I love mixing and drinking cocktails. I also enjoy video games, reading comedy sci-fi and fantasy books (Adams, Pratchett, Holt, etc), walking, theatre/opera/ballet/symphony and British comedy panel shows.

If you guys would read, all of those things were given to me as gifts, except one of the pipes which was like $25. The grinders on the right really do add up to about $200, they are made of ridiculous aluminum like for airplanes/space shuttles (brand: Space Case), really good quality. If you smoked, you would understand how much easier they make your life ;) I wouldn't spend a ton of money on glass for smoking...that's retarded. I bought myself a single pipe, everything else was given to me. I've been in the headshops locally, several of my friends work at the main ones here, and had plenty of money in my pocket to throw at some stupid bong, but I never even think about it twice.

Kadmium: marijuana is not addictive in any way, it possesses no addictive properties or chemicals. Just so we get the record straight...

~006

If you guys would read, all of those things were given to me as gifts, except one of the pipes which was like $25. The grinders on the right really do add up to about $200, they are made of ridiculous aluminum like for airplanes/space shuttles (brand: Space Case), really good quality. If you smoked, you would understand how much easier they make your life ;) I wouldn't spend a ton of money on glass for smoking...that's retarded. I bought myself a single pipe, everything else was given to me. I've been in the headshops locally, several of my friends work at the main ones here, and had plenty of money in my pocket to throw at some stupid bong, but I never even think about it twice.

~006

What about all the "devil's lettuce?" Somehow I doubt you get all that as gifts ;)

Well, true. I do buy the green for myself every once in a while, but luckily enough my dealer is also a good friend and a musician as well. Typically I will go to literally just hang out or jam or whatever, and it's inevitable that I will leave there completely blitzed, free of charge. Put it this way, last time I bought was two months ago. Yet I get lifted any time I want.

~006

Well, true. I do buy the green for myself every once in a while, but luckily enough my dealer is also a good friend and a musician as well. Typically I will go to literally just hang out or jam or whatever, and it's inevitable that I will leave there completely blitzed, free of charge. Put it this way, last time I bought was two months ago. Yet I get lifted any time I want.

~006

Damn dude, you're living the dream.

Yup, love me some green as well. Only the high quality stuff and I never pay for it. Have a pretty much unlimited source. I know a little indian mart with 12$ glass pipes, so I don't even bother cleaning them anymore, just keep buying new ones.

Depends on how much you are slingin. If it's enough for you and a friend, generally speaking, then you usually just get a ticket and it's confiscated (obviously). If it's enough to sell to like 3 people, then you're fucked. I don't know the exact laws, I know these days the laws are the most lenient that they have ever been though... my thinking is simply don't get fucking caught with it :lol: This way I don't have to know the laws ;)

~006

Everything is fucked in the States, and Texas can't leave well enough alone since they have to be the 'fuckedest' of them all. However, there are a lot of places where you can get away with a lot of shit - in a good chunk of Austin you need to try to get busted, and San Antonio is moving in the same direction.

Jeff

Depends on how much you are slingin. If it's enough for you and a friend, generally speaking, then you usually just get a ticket and it's confiscated (obviously). If it's enough to sell to like 3 people, then you're fucked. I don't know the exact laws, I know these days the laws are the most lenient that they have ever been though... my thinking is simply don't get fucking caught with it :lol: This way I don't have to know the laws ;)

~006

That's good to hear about the confiscation and tickets. I've always heard horror stories about Texas when it comes to weed. But honestly I would know those laws like the back of my hand if I lived down there. You should too!

A friend and I got busted for 30 plants a couple years back. We were only growing for the hobby aspect and to supply ourselves, family and friends. After six years we ended up getting busted. Since it was only for personal use we didn't even have to step foot in court whatsoever. The scary part is that I had a small camo print digital scale in a leather case sitting on one of my amps and the cop actually picked it up, looked at it and said "It's just a guitar tuner." and walked away! If that cop didn't make that mistake things could have been much worse. :p

Everything is fucked in the States, and Texas can't leave well enough alone since they have to be the 'fuckedest' of them all. However, there are a lot of places where you can get away with a lot of shit - in a good chunk of Austin you need to try to get busted, and San Antonio is moving in the same direction.

Jeff

100% fo sho. Honestly the government spends a TON of cash every year misinforming the general public through a fuck-ton of campaigns and organizations about marijuana. Yes, I said misinforming, because that's exactly what they do. The weed they grow at the universities for government sanctioned "studies" is less than 3/4 the potency of regular hydro you can buy from your friendly neighborhood dealer. The CIA still imports and exports more drugs than the biggest cartels. Other countries have done lots of studies, such as Jamaica where it tested like 100 pregnant women, 50 of which they had smoke marijuana regularly during their pregnancy, then studied the children from birth to the age of approximately 5 - zero side effects and almost no distinction from the 50 children born from the women who didn't smoke during their pregnancy. Hmm............................I just hope that sometime in my lifetime this shit gets legalized. I know it won't, but it's nice to have a dream.

Can't overdose on it. It's not addictive. Doesn't kill you. Sounds really bad. Pfft...

~006

Already seen it, covers just about everything. The whole campaign is an embarrassment, but without an educated population that asks questions there's precisely shit we can do.

Jeff