Non-Turisas-Video of Netta...

Personally I love the posing! It's all part of their show, what makes them so entertaining. I can't stand bands who just stand there and play their instruments, you might as well sit home and listen to a CD, both DF and Turisas have amazing energy on stage, and interact with the crowd quite significantly, whilst still playing brilliantly. It's what I love about them, and why I've seen them 8 times on this tour, hell i'd see them more if i could afford it

Yeah Turisas and Municipal Waste really know how to interact with a crowd and really know how to create a certain energy that I've never felt with any other live bands.

Exactly the kind of thing i was expecting from Turisas, nice to see Dragonforce was cool with it.
I can only agree with Turisas live energy, saw them in Copenhagen for the third time, and they are only getting better. Its tense, bold and they always give 100%.
A thing i've been wanting to ask Nygaard for awhile is how it felt the first time he stood on stage with that viking outfit on. I mean, nowadays when they have an established fanbase it adds a whole lot of colour and dynamic to their performance. But the first time in a small venue with no'one actually knowing you or expecting "battle metal", imagine it took some balls.
Dragonforce has seriously improved since the last time i saw them, but i can't quite come over their last gig and their attitude during it. Seems like Turisas taught them a few things about crowd pleasing and fan dedication...
Im still amused of how Dragonforce can build a career on only one track:)

one track? They had two albums before Inhuman Rampage came out, the first tour they did for IR they were selling out the same sized venues they play now and this was long before GH used Through the fire and the flames. To say their entire career is based on that one song (and i'm assuming that's the one you mean because of GH) is complete rubbish, GH may have increased their fanbase significantly, but long before that they were still selling out 2000 capacity venues. DF spent 7 years building up their fanbase, they didn't become famous overnight, they put a hell of a lot of work into it and were successful. Then suddenly GH uses their song and exposes them to a much wider audience, it helped, a lot, but their career was extremely healthy long before this.

one track? They had two albums before Inhuman Rampage came out, the first tour they did for IR they were selling out the same sized venues they play now and this was long before GH used Through the fire and the flames. To say their entire career is based on that one song (and i'm assuming that's the one you mean because of GH) is complete rubbish, GH may have increased their fanbase significantly, but long before that they were still selling out 2000 capacity venues. DF spent 7 years building up their fanbase, they didn't become famous overnight, they put a hell of a lot of work into it and were successful. Then suddenly GH uses their song and exposes them to a much wider audience, it helped, a lot, but their career was extremely healthy long before this.

errr, i wasnt referring too Through the fire and the flame or guitar hero. I rode the wave of Valley of Damned when it was released and i loved it. And i don't doubt they've put allot of effort in their releases or their work to become the band they are today.
I was refering to their song structures. The long guitar solos are a unique trademark, which has become the cornerstone of their band, which i can accept. But all of their tracks has the éxact same structure and build up, with the exception of maybe 5. The tones might vary, but their melodies and song structure is the exact same formula after 4 releases and their still incredibly popular. I just find that amusing.

I've watched Netta's Nightwish cover quite some time before she joined Turisas and I said to myself even back then, that "Holy fuck, that girl so rocks!" and now I'm even more impressed with her thanks to her performance in the band. I liked Lisko a lot but Netta is surprisingly good. And she's a breath of fresh air to the band, not only cause she's the only female but also because of the fact she's so sweet, smiling and being herself all the time.
About the Turisas - Dragonforce thing, I did not know, but well, that rocks. Dragonforce are a pretty darn good band too and heh, that stage looks a tad crowded. :D

some people have too much time:

Last edited by a moderator: