Noob question about snare replacing

Supra1

Feb 9, 2010
Hi

I have a simple question, i've recorded a drum kit, I have sampled the snare of this kit before recording.

when recording I had a trigger on the snare and a mic.
Should I replace the snare miced track by the originals snare sample to have every hit constant and hard or should I keep the miced snare track and not replace it with the sampled snare ?

Hope you understand what I mean

*sorry for my english*

Thanks

For me it would depend entirely on the music and how crappy the drummer is. Is he playing good and does a natural sound compliment the vibe of the music? Keep the original tracks. Are they playing technical death metal and is the drummer hitting the shells like a child? Replace.

If it was recorded well I would only use samples to replace bad hits. Do what you have to do to get a good sounding natural snare track. Then, if needed, add in extra samples of other snares to thicken the sound.

Why don't you just get a decent snare or snare pack made from pros instead of using the one you recorded?
Then you can use a drum replacer and adjust the % of the snare sample to taste. So you can have a blend of recorded snare and sample snare.

I will use other snare sample just to fatten up the snare, I really like the miced snare track, the drummer was a hard hitter.
Thanks for your input