Noob to Superior Drummer 3... any good?

AD Chaos

MGTOW
Aug 3, 2009
Hello everyone

I haven't been paying much attention on drum samples for a while now, wanted to ask you guys in the know, is SD3 (or its samples) a substantial upgrade to the EZDrummer stuff, yet? (for metal, specifically)
Do you see potential in it?
How does it fare against Addictive Drums 1-2, or Perfect Drums?

ps_ Just googled ''buy drum samples metal'' and got a bunch of results with drum samples packs I've never seen before!
Anything worth checking out maybe, beyond the usual brands?

Cheers

for metal, I’d say the stock library won’t work. If you’re prepared to invest in a few SDX and EZX’s you can cover a lot of ground with Superior and IMO it is the best sampler/interface/engine for realistic programmed drums.

there’s so many options now that are all pretty solid that you should be able to find something you like.

Hello everyone

I haven't been paying much attention on drum samples for a while now, wanted to ask you guys in the know, is SD3 (or its samples) a substantial upgrade to the EZDrummer stuff, yet? (for metal, specifically)
Do you see potential in it?
How does it fare against Addictive Drums 1-2, or Perfect Drums?

ps_ Just googled ''buy drum samples metal'' and got a bunch of results with drum samples packs I've never seen before!
Anything worth checking out maybe, beyond the usual brands?

Cheers

Initially I didnt like SD3 much, but I'm starting to like it more now.
Getgood Drums is cool.
I've used BFD and Addictive Drums before, it was ok.

To be honest depends on what you want to use it for.
Right now I currently own SD3, Slate Drums and GetGood Drums and have my own
recorded samples of kicks and snares and some other sample packs.
In a production sometimes I do end up using a combination of all the different programs..
one has a great snap, the other a great bottom, its all about complementing a sound you
have with another to reach you final (ideal) sound -- similar with microphones --
where you have a mic (for example a beta 91) for the snap then another mic
for the thump (for example the subkick mic) and then you have another for
the overall picture (for example beta 52). Only difference is, with mics you're
capturing one specific drum.. with samples you can blend in 5 different types
of kicks to get the sound you want... which could be cool... or could be the exact
opposite of what you want depending on the track.

Depending on your tastes and preference, you can get a good starting drum sound for
a metal track.