Norma Jean style band I tracked(6505, real drums)

The guitars are quite a bit fizzy and lack body. I'm gonna say mic position and eq was your biggest issue here. The drums sound pretty good, you layered some samples on?

The guitars are quite a bit fizzy and lack body. I'm gonna say mic position and eq was your biggest issue here. The drums sound pretty good, you layered some samples on?

yes the kick is a sample we made from his kick with a beta 52 and beta 91 and the snare is mixed about 50/50 with catharsis snare sample.

thanks for the tip with the guitars though! i had the mic about 1 inch away from the grill cloth and straight on the cone would that be the issue with the lack of body?

The drums sounds nice for this kind of music :)

It it your editing or their playing that's untight when they make these pauses after the intro?
Sounds like editing to me, but what do I know.

The drums sounds nice for this kind of music :)

It it your editing or their playing that's untight when they make these pauses after the intro?
Sounds like editing to me, but what do I know.

I took your advice and edited the song, there was no editing before :lol:
Also I put EQ on the guitars to try and even them out, but I am still unhappy with them. I might do a re-amp or get someone here to do it. Anyone interested ? 7 song's.

here's and updated version:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/913919/MERCHANT/song1_1.mp3