HOLY GOD IN HEAVEN I ACTUALLY USED A REAL AMP(6505/ts9/mesa cab)

brianhood

No Care Ever
i got a reamp box earlier this month, and today is the first day i actually got to try it out.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Resurrect the Morning/reamp/song 1.mp3

UPDATE: bumped up the presence of the guitar
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Resurrect the Morning/reamp/song 1 bright.mp3

all of the guitars in this were Ibanez RG6 exfx-->003 pre-->Radial Pro RMP-->Ibanez TS9--> 6505-->Mesa Cab with v30's

post processing was a decent amount of eq on each individual guitar track, then compression. All the guitar were sent to a bus with a low pass, c4, limiter, and shuffler.
Izotope Ozone is on the master bus, and the harmonic exciter on there affects the guitar tone quite a bit as well.

btwramps.jpg

I used two SM57's in Fredman setup

fredman.jpg

nice work brian...solid..

who is this btw?

there are like 25 different riffs in this song...hahah rad

I like it. It is a bit boxy, as mentioned. But it's a solid sounding tone.

it's my first time, so i'm still working on it.

I'm not convinced i can achieve a not boxy tone in the room i have the cab.

nice work brian...solid..

who is this btw?

there are like 25 different riffs in this song...hahah rad

just a local band called Resurrect the Morning.
Good stuff, but this is their first recordings, so they dont have much a following yet.

Its a really smooth tone you've got going on there.
I do agree with ahjteam about the vocals and snare needing to come up a touch.
Otherwise it sounds pretty tight for a first attempt :)

i got a reamp box earlier this month, and today is the first day i actually got to try it out.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Resurrect the Morning/reamp/song 1.mp3

UPDATE: bumped up the presence of the guitar
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Resurrect the Morning/reamp/song 1 bright.mp3

all of the guitars in this were Ibanez RG6 exfx-->003 pre-->Radial Pro RMP-->Ibanez TS9--> 6505-->Mesa Cab with v30's

post processing was a decent amount of eq on each individual guitar track, then compression. All the guitar were sent to a bus with a low pass, c4, limiter, and shuffler.
Izotope Ozone is on the master bus, and the harmonic exciter on there affects the guitar tone quite a bit as well.

btwramps.jpg

I used two SM57's in Fredman setup

fredman.jpg

haven't been able to give it a listen so far, but judging from the pic it'd be pretty muffled...looks like the mics are FAR off center

haven't been able to give it a listen so far, but judging from the pic it'd be pretty muffled...looks like the mics are FAR off center

Not only that, but the cab is in a corner.

If you can, try to get it as close to the center of the room, or closet or wherever it is. The center is usually where most of the low-canceling nulls are, so you might get lucky and find one that drops the low mids.

If you can, try to get it as close to the center of the room, or closet or wherever it is. The center is usually where most of the low-canceling nulls are, so you might get lucky and find one that drops the low mids.

correct...
plus: IF you have to place it in a corner try to not have it parallel or 45° to the walls.
you also might wanna do something about the extremely reflective floor.

But as I said, I haven't listened to it yet, so I don't know how it sounds....if it sounds crackin, forget what I said....

correct...
plus: IF you have to place it in a corner try to not have it parallel or 45° to the walls.
you also might wanna do something about the extremely reflective floor.

But as I said, I haven't listened to it yet, so I don't know how it sounds....if it sounds crackin, forget what I said....

I saw this pic from studio fredman, so i figured the floors weren't a big deal. He also has the cab in a corner, right up against the wall. The room also appears to be smaller than the room i have
I had a carpet down and blankets up on the walls, then tried some a/b comparisons with and without the blankets/carpet, and the differences were very very minimal.
I think the mic position has more to do with my problems than anything. It definitely wasn't as off centered as the picture suggests. The center mic was 70% over the dust cap

13.jpg

Sounds really really good dude, my main complaint is that it's pretty honky.
I find 4 on the mids knob on my 5150 to be too much even, don't be afraid to put it down to 0 and then turn it up gradually rather than working the other way around.