As I Lay Dying type band that i finished up today

not bad dude! I find the song itself extremely vanilla and quite honestly, boring. Nothing you can do about that, though =D

Mix sounds good. Guitars are sound a tad under gained on my end. I was stoked to hear you are getting an API A2D (amazing piece of gear) and are looking into mic'ing up some tones.

I think this will take you to the next level. Not to start a POD flame war or anything because I dig amp modeling/sims just as much as the next guy but, well, let's just say I'm excited to hear some mic'ed up stuff from you!

Nice mix Brian! Really rumbling present low-end I like it a lot!! Only thing though is the OH's again :p I think upping them a little bit would benefit a lot, I can barely hear the hi-hat, hearing the cymbals well contributes a lot for feeling the groove, the rest is impeccable! Congrats!

not bad dude! I find the song itself extremely vanilla and quite honestly, boring. Nothing you can do about that, though =D

Mix sounds good. Guitars are sound a tad under gained on my end. I was stoked to hear you are getting an API A2D (amazing piece of gear) and are looking into mic'ing up some tones.

I think this will take you to the next level. Not to start a POD flame war or anything because I dig amp modeling/sims just as much as the next guy but, well, let's just say I'm excited to hear some mic'ed up stuff from you!

ha yeah i got it in yesterday. I made the mistake of assuming it came with an spdif cable though haha. I'll definitely be working on my amp mic'ing from now on when i have time and when the band has good gear. I'll also be picking up a 5150 and (ideally) a Bogner cab when i get a chance too.

I'll most likely still track everything with podfarm just for the sheer convince of it, and then reamp everything at once when we're done.

ha yeah i got it in yesterday. I made the mistake of assuming it came with an spdif cable though haha. I'll definitely be working on my amp mic'ing from now on when i have time and when the band has good gear. I'll also be picking up a 5150 and (ideally) a Bogner cab when i get a chance too.

I'll most likely still track everything with podfarm just for the sheer convince of it, and then reamp everything at once when we're done.

Right on bro! Can't wait. 5150 is trued and true, too. I loved my block letter to fucking bits. Still one of the best amps around, IMO.

Why not a Mesa Recto cab, though?

A2D is on my wish list, for sure.

Right on bro! Can't wait. 5150 is trued and true, too. I loved my block letter to fucking bits. Still one of the best amps around, IMO.

Why not a Mesa Recto cab, though?

A2D is on my wish list, for sure.

mesa is my second pic. I just like the stuff from the bogner cab more in a/b tests. Plus the first time i mic'd up an amp/cab, i used a bogner uberkab

great Brian. now, your mixes have great quality.;) very similar to big joey. :)
do you continue processing bass with the same method??? (di -> ampeg svx -> eq - limiter) or different chain?
guitars sound awesome, but, i´d put a bit less gain.

great Brian. now, your mixes have great quality.;) very similar to big joey. :)
do you continue processing bass with the same method??? (di -> ampeg svx -> eq - limiter) or different chain?
guitars sound awesome, but, i´d put a bit less gain.

yup! Same method as usual. The next band i'm recording will be bringing in a real bass amp and 8X10 cab, so i'm stoked to see how that turns out

i´ve your bass settings for mayday parade cover. similar chain?
i can´t wait to listen to that real amp + 8x10 sound.:p

i actually dont like it so much tbh, everything fits mix wise, but's it's not that exciting in terms of 3 dimensionality of mix and guitars
i think the previous mix was much better

I realy like the production!!!
Sounds absolut pro.

All the elements are working great together.
The only thing I´m missing are the OH
Try a boost of 2-3dB (or a little softer low-cut)

cheers and keep up the good work!!!

I think it sounds really good man, but I think the OHs could be a little louder. What's your mastering chain? In particular, what are you using for stereo widening? I've tried AIR StereoWidth that comes with ProTools, and I've tried Ozone, and it always seems to just make the highs and upper mids sound harsh, and I still can't get my mixes to sound as wide as yours.