More pissed off music from the bowels of HELL.

Brian, do you use reverb at all on your overheads? They sound massive, but very smooth.

yeah i added a decent amount of reverb to the overheads. I was listening to a band called Therion while i edited drums. They had it on their overheads, and i thought it sounded good.

It was just D-verb. Plate with 13k hf cut and no lp filter. 1.4 sec decay, all added on a aux track(my other drums are run into a bus with d-verb on it with a 41% mix.

sounds massive. fucking ace man!!! my only gripe is the some of the breakdowns sound too tight, like they sound edited. nice dark tones, and it really makes it all sound huge!

Not a huge fan of the opening breakdown, although nothing says dissonant like out of tune guitars :lol:

The rest of the song is pretty fucking ballin though, and the production is great!

but it sounds siq in a car with subs:)

and for the record, i would never allow something like that on a legit release. this is just a single song a band did in a day, so i think its fun to have super loud 808s

Of course it's fun until someone gets hurt.

I'm still trying to figure out how some guys get those massive 808 hits that don't distort the mix. Then again I've heard many a pro mix that allow them to distort unadulterated.

Its all about the release and attack time of your comp!!!!
A short attack lets the 808 sound like an explosion and a long attack time make them booooommmmmm (do you know the band xAFBx ?)

And I love super tight breakdowns!!!!!

yeah i added a decent amount of reverb to the overheads. I was listening to a band called Therion while i edited drums. They had it on their overheads, and i thought it sounded good.

It was just D-verb. Plate with 13k hf cut and no lp filter. 1.4 sec decay, all added on a aux track(my other drums are run into a bus with d-verb on it with a 41% mix.

Do the overheads still go through the regular drum buss (with all the other drums) and you blend in some plate verb on the overheads form a different aux buss or do you buss the overheads strait/only to the plate reverb buss? Also if they are bussed strait to the plate aux buss is the mix 100% on the dverb there?

Holy shit dude!!!!! It sounds fucking awesome,fucking brutal!!!! Congratulations man!!! I agree with Soultrash about some parts that remind me of Chimaira,in a good way of course! Everything in the mix sounds great,from vocals to guitars to drums. Even those distorted bassdrops!

Do the overheads still go through the regular drum buss (with all the other drums) and you blend in some plate verb on the overheads form a different aux buss or do you buss the overheads strait/only to the plate reverb buss? Also if they are bussed strait to the plate aux buss is the mix 100% on the dverb there?

i've never put the overheads through the drum bus(it adds too much reverb). I send the OH, Ride, and Hats through their own "cymbal bus" that is just for mixing volumes and eq, and no reverb on it I just blend the verb to taste with it on a different aux bus

Running the snare/toms into a bus with dverb on it just changes the way the drums sound in a desirable way to me(as opposed to blending reveb to taste on an aux bus). Blending cymbals in the same way changes the sound in a not so desirable way to me. Same thing with kick;i usually just have the kicks output set straight to the master bus
i obviously work drums in a weird way.

hope that answers everything!