More pissed off music from the bowels of HELL.

i just came here to say i approve of those sub drops.

i agree with gareth too, this pod tone sounds better than earlier ones. i might try cutting out some mids in my work!

thanks,

I love slate samples and pod, but i cant wait until i get good enough gear to move away from those crutches. I just bought a mesa cab, and i'm working on getting a 5150 for the studio:)

If you're getting these results already man then I doubt you'll need a great deal of gear to get similar results down a none-pod/slate path. Vocal processing is awesome on this. What are you doing in terms of compression?

what POD model is that? Everything sounds good to me, aside from the subdrops, but that's a taste thing. I hear some pumping at times, but nothing too bad.

Man, I cannot cannot cannot see how some of you dudes get these POD tones. I don't have the metal pack, though, if that is indeed the tones I hear. Even with the stock xt tones, I'm at a loss hearing other peoples tones.

treadplate and TS always sounded gnarly as fuck to me right outta the box with podXT.

dude, gotta go around the master bus with the bassdrops! even if it means bouncing the totally final master (without 808s) and then re-importing it into a new project, adding the 808s, and then bouncing again. that's the quick n' dirty way i would do it. the 2bus limiters ignore them and it sounds buttery and huge as fuck. apart from wacky mad scientist sidechaining a mutliband or something, this is the only sensible way i've found to do it.

Goddamn this song is catchy. Usually I have no interest in deathcore, but this song (after the breakdown) fucking rules!

i don't know you don't like your bass tone because it's a clear and fat sound...i like it.
and,this time,guitars sound more fat than your habitual recordings.changes?
different post-processing? model?
thanks

i'm working in some tones but your tone is incredible fat.

i am liking your guitar tone specially.
some difference with your last tones? diamondplate, treadplate, screamer? could you specify?

and...different master settings (gclip, gclip, ozone)?

thanks brian,

Brian - this mix is really amazing (and I actually really like the song too). I would also tone down the bass drops, but I agree that they probably kill in a car with 18inch subs!!

Amazing job. Any additional processing info that you'd like to share would be appreciated.

Bobby

Brian - this mix is really amazing (and I actually really like the song too). I would also tone down the bass drops, but I agree that they probably kill in a car with 18inch subs!!

Amazing job. Any additional processing info that you'd like to share would be appreciated.

Bobby

yes, i like RTM and this song is awesome.
i like their melodic stuff too.
good band.

great mix but man those subdrops are fucking annoying.

haha yeah i definitely overdid the 808's at the band's request. I've toned the 808s in my newer mixes down quite a bit. This mix is around 3 months old, so i've learned alot since then(i haven't even been doing this a year yet)

i am liking your guitar tone specially.
some difference with your last tones? diamondplate, treadplate, screamer? could you specify?

and...different master settings (gclip, gclip, ozone)?

thanks brian,

to be honest i dont really remember. I think it was just the same setup i used for most metal stuff back then. The guitar player was quite solid, so his playing style helped out alot with the tone.

holy f*uck, wondering why i didnt come across this thread earlier :rofl:
i think that mix fits the band perfectly!
impressed by the bass sound, i never ever manage to get a decent sound with the ampeg SVX :p

to be honest i dont really remember. I think it was just the same setup i used for most metal stuff back then. The guitar player was quite solid, so his playing style helped out alot with the tone.

but, same basic processing for guitars? i refer to:
c4 (andy)
eq (low/high pass, 500hz cut)

more?

and, your usual chain for master settings?
gclip, gclip, ozone (reverb, maximizer and harmonic exciter)¿?¿?

you don´t use compressor?

i´d appreciate info.

thanks brian,

but, same basic processing for guitars? i refer to:
c4 (andy)
eq (low/high pass, 500hz cut)

more?

and, your usual chain for master settings?
gclip, gclip, ozone (reverb, maximizer and harmonic exciter)¿?¿?

you don´t use compressor?

i´d appreciate info.

thanks brian,

yeah i believe everything was that chain. recently ive either stopped using or cut back greatly on the harmonic exciter on the master bus. It was making the "esses" in vocals sound really weird, among causing other problems.

and no i dont use a compressor on the master bus. maybe i should, but i never have. Just about everything is already super compressed before it even reaches the master bus, so i never figured i needed it

yeah i believe everything was that chain. recently ive either stopped using or cut back greatly on the harmonic exciter on the master bus. It was making the "esses" in vocals sound really weird, among causing other problems.

and no i dont use a compressor on the master bus. maybe i should, but i never have. Just about everything is already super compressed before it even reaches the master bus, so i never figured i needed it

now, you´re not using harmonic exciter in master bus?
you are using it in guitars?