Norra el Norra = Samra Ya Samra [the original song]

December

Anyone, anywhere..
Jul 20, 2005
South of Heaven
hi all..
here i submit the original song which the music of "Norra el Norra" was quoted from..
this song called "Samra Ya Samra".. performed by an Egyptian old singer called "Karim Mahmoud", back to the 50's..

i cut the song in some point cuz it's kinda long.. & i put the lyrics within the song for the people who may get confused with the Arabian language..
it's awesome that OL have remixed an Arabian song to produce a great piece of art like "Norra el Norra"..

to download the song click here

Enjoy!

Very interesting song indeed, Samra ya samra, thanks for the link. Though I must admit, I do prefer Orphaned Land's version.

thanx OrphanedAngel ..
and I'd like to mention ( Mostafa Ya Mostafa ) coz it has the same melody of ( Norra elNorra ) startin' from ( Bekol zman .......... )
so , what do you think ?????

ARARAT said:
thanx OrphanedAngel ..
and I'd like to mention ( Mostafa Ya Mostafa ) coz it has the same melody of ( Norra elNorra ) startin' from ( Bekol zman .......... )
so , what do you think ?????
wow
from the first time i listened to Norra El Norra, that part you mentioned sounded very familiar to me. I asked lots of people around me and they all recognized the melody but none of us could remember the name... Do you have any recording of that Mostafa ya Mostafa? :)
I didn't know the other parts of the song but I know that part for sure.