Samra Ya Samra (Norra El Norra)

obay bringer of light

Let God lead us on
hi guys

for those who love Mabool, you can listen or download 'Samra ya Samra' the original song for 'Norra El Norra.

the original song is composed by Karem Mahmoud.

or you can enter www.theomachy.tk then check the gallery section.
it's my bands site.
use this link http://www.geocities.com/theo_machy1/engallery.html

hope you will like it :)

the original music is beautiful! I think that some hebrew artists took the music and put hebrew lyrics onto it too, other then OL.
brother did you know that the arabic classic "Sultana's Lament" lyrics are original jewish? :)

Damn- no luck, the site is not available at the moment. But I will be sure to try again later.
I am going to check out the rest of the links as well.
Bringer of light, if I may ask you something- is access to the internet wide spread and unlimited in Syria? Sorry if I sound ignorant, I am just curious to know.

no, the site is working for sure, but I got a big background it need some time to load

well, in between, I got internet three of four years ago
almost all my friends got internet connections or they -at least- go to internet cafe every now and then

I got alot of friends who do hacking stuff, and every two weeks they call me saying go to those websites and see what did we do.
internet is wide spread in other countries like Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, K.S.A and other gulf countries.
and like anyother contrey I do some of my homeworks,reseachs using internet

in Syria the www.*.il sites are closed, I don't know about other contries.

I also like Feiruz (which for whom dont know she's the most adorned Lebanese singer).

im not home so I dont remember the names of arabic artists whom I have their albums on mp3...
but mostly I like the turkish-persian melodies :) and arabic ofcourse

i smell lebanon in the area :loco:
yeap fairouz :headbang: specialy in the morning .. but for some laughs ,any one that understands arabik , try listening to ziad rahbany ( fairouz's son ) great person indeed ...
i guess u guys got more knowledge in arabik singers than me :yell: ..damn,i missed so much stuff ..
yesterday ,when i was checkin my radio i found my self in an israelys radio frequency ,so i listened to some songs ( but they were in english )...

The folkloric original of Norra El Norra is simply amazing! What a talent of OL to turn such a tune into a fine metallic number. Can Kobi (or someone) give more info about the origins of this track?

Besides, I am desperately looking for the original tracks that OL has covered so far, like Aldiar Al Mukadisa (The Holy Land Of Israel), Thee By The Father I Pray, Shir Hama'alot, El Meod Na'ala, Shir Hashirim, or A'salk. Could a member of OL or some Israeli friend who has any of them upload it to some server? I searhed them over the Internet and could not find a single .mp3 or whatever.

Thanks to everyone who would be helpful for this request. All is fully appreciated by me.

gee.. i've heard of it, but never listened it myself..
though, my mom knew it.. She was shocked when she heard Norra El Norra. "this is something i know, it is changed though..!!"she said. :) and now, after she listened to a'salk and mabool and some other slower songs and seeing OL pics, she's like, "i loved them. they're great! they're very nice people.."
LOL :)

Ayse