North American Setlist Speculation

A Fair Judgment

Year Three
Jan 2, 2006
This is not a "wishlist" but songs that would make sense for them to play. Mike has already said in a recent interview that the touring will not be as extensive for this album as it was for Ghost Reveries so this might be the only time we see them on their own tour here in the States for this album. Plus, if the past is any indication, Mike usually picks songs for a tour, plays them, puts them back "in the vault" so to speak to let them collect dust and then pulls them out again years down the road. Let's say they play for around 90 minutes. Oh, and when you notice that most of the songs are newer songs, just remember that so are most of the fans.

1. Harlequin Forest (11:40) - Imagine this as the intro! They already played The Baying of the Hounds, The Grand Conjuration, and Ghost of Perdition on the last tour.

2. Heir Apparent (8:50) - They are already playing it and it seems to be the most popular track off of the new album.

3. The Moor (11:27) - A little something for the older fans. If Mike reads this forum, and we all know that he does, then he knows the fans want and need to hear this played live.

4. Hours of Wealth (5:20)
5. Isolation Years (3:51) - Two songs they could play back-to-back just as they did recently with two Damnation songs.

6. Black Rose Immortal (20:15) - I know, I know. Highly unlikely. Would they really want to play a 20 minute song every night? But lets face it. They have to play it before it's all said and done and they ride off into the sunset forever.

7. Burden (7:41) - Something to grab back the attention from the newer fans after just listening to a 20 minute song that they might not be all that familiar with.

8. April Ethereal (8:42) - This could probably be the intro with Harlequin Forest being played here.

They leave the stage leaving everyone thinking, "Shit man! Only one song from Watershed!? Fuck!". And then...Encore:

9. Hessian Peel (11:26) - Leave them slain with not only one of their greatest songs to date, but a brand new one as well.

Well, there you go. 9 songs as usual (6 of which are from the last two albums to satisfy the newer crowd and 3 from the older albums to send everyone home happy) and 89:12 in length (plus all of Mike's cuttin' up that we all love soooooo much) And before all of you start bitchin' about nothing from Deliverance, Damnation, or Blackwater Park showing up here, just remember that the best songs from these albums have been played to death on recent tours. If they played the same ol' songs from these albums as usual there would be no The Moor, Black Rose Immortal, or April Ethereal! Peace.

I know they played both songs in the past a lot of times, but I would die to see them playing "The Leper Affinity" and "Forest Of October" live in front of my eyes :headbang: :worship:

Mikael asked between two songs on Metal Rock Fest yesterday what we wanted to hear, and everyone was like "Black Rose Immortaaaaaal", but he replied that we only want to hear that because it's long. They also started to play Hessian Peel, but stopped right before the vocals came in, stating that they would "play it next time".

Setlist from Metal Rock Fest, Lillehammer, Norway, august 16th:
Demon of the Fall
The Baying of the Hounds
Master's Apprentices
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid the Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
Encore:
The Drapery Falls

Mikael asked between two songs on Metal Rock Fest yesterday what we wanted to hear, and everyone was like "Black Rose Immortaaaaaal", but he replied that we only want to hear that because it's long. They also started to play Hessian Peel, but stopped right before the vocals came in, stating that they would "play it next time".

Setlist from Metal Rock Fest, Lillehammer, Norway, august 16th:
Demon of the Fall
The Baying of the Hounds
Master's Apprentices
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid the Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
Encore:
The Drapery Falls

they did the same in Istanbul too. so i guess the next song to be played live will be HP