Norther parts ways with Petri.

SteveMCsteve

Nov 16, 2006
Springfield
"Finnish metal band Norther parts ways with long time singer/guitarist Petri Lindroos. Norther was forced to let Petri go to be able to continue. Petri´s full time engagement in Ensiferum increasingly prevented Norther from functioning as an active band.

Petri wishes Norther all the best for the future. Current Norther crew, Kristian, Jukka, Tuomas and Heikki, wants to thank Petri for all these great years together and wishes him the best of luck with Ensiferum.

Norther was founded in 2000 and has so far released five full length albums, 2 EPs, a DVD, four singles and a movie soundtrack for a Finnish film V2. During the years Norther has done extensive touring with bands like Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy, Turisas, Finntroll etc. Norther is currently signed to Century Media Records (Europe and USA) and Marquee Avalon (Japan).

Additional information concerning the recruitment of a new singer will be provided soon."

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norther is now looking for a new full time singer. We are looking for a versatile, creative individual with high motivation and a preferable capability of singing in different styles. The person we are looking for must be at least 20 years of age and preferably live in Finland. Guitar playing skills are considered as an advantage but not necessary.

If you feel you might be the one, please download the following instrumental version of our song Frozen Angel. Return it to us with your own vocals recorded on top to singer@norther.net in MP3 format. You can download the song here, and the lyrics here. It is also possible to send a free-form audio or video sample of yourself.

We offer the new singer a possibility to rock around the globe in an excellent team and enjoy the full benefits of being in an international heavy metal band.

May the best one win, the search is on!!

All the best,
Norther

tbh i can't wait till they realease some new stuff with the new singer lol.
Never really liked Petri's voice ever since Till Death Unites Us.

Norther is way better, you have to be stupid to think that viking metal is better than norther, anywho there are fucked who in finland would be a good replacement, didnt he write there music too its like replacing alexi because he went to sinergy or something. i knew this would happen i was thinking one day how in the fuck do they do this. from what it sounds lke they didnt even give him a choice they just said gtfo my predictions is that norther is going to fold,or just suck for the rest of existance, haha alexi can join em and just have bodom/norther tour that would be awesome

but im sure if you like bodom you like norther

You guys seriously think this is a bad thing?
I dunno but i wanna hear some new stuff really fast lol.

Maybe its because I'm not that big of a fan of Norther as some people are here.

Norther is way better, you have to be stupid to think that viking metal is better than norther, anywho there are fucked who in finland would be a good replacement, didnt he write there music too its like replacing alexi because he went to sinergy or something. i knew this would happen i was thinking one day how in the fuck do they do this. from what it sounds lke they didnt even give him a choice they just said gtfo my predictions is that norther is going to fold,or just suck for the rest of existance, haha alexi can join em and just have bodom/norther tour that would be awesome

You have to be pretty stupid to think there is such thing as "viking" metal. All theses terms are fuckin' stupid.
Also, I like Bodom but I don't like Norther one bit.

Baww... This sucks, I aways thought Petri as the lead of Norther, all his Ensiferum recordings sound too much like Norther.. I guess now I'll have to just listen to olde Ensiferum AND olde Norther to keep things the way they were...

Wtf? Old Ensiferum wasn't with Petri, and old Ensiferum is MUUUCH better than anything Petri has ever touched. Jari > Petri X 321483248392483924

Also Norther has sucked for a good long time now.

Norther isn't that good, at all :lol:
Their are mediocre at best, and the last album of theirs I listend to, 'Till Death Unites Us, had some of the gayest lyrics I've ever heard. Omen was pure shit, and so was that song "fuck you"...The teen angst was just exploding out of my car stereo on that one. I didn't give their latest release a proper listen, only heard it once or twice, didn't like it but can't remeber my specific reasons.

Basically, Petri's voice is pretty shit (although Its personally never bothered me, there are WAY better growlers), and I can't think of one solo hes done that was mind-blowing in any way. He's dull, and looks kind of like a crack addict with REALLY nice hair....

Anyway "im sure if you like bodom you like norther", is just another way of saying "I'm new to metal, so anything with a synth and sub-par 'growling' is pretty much the same." Their styles are similar, but at least Bodom used to have serious talent. Norther was just a Bodom-rip off, and have been their entire career. Petri was LUCKY to get out with Ensiferum.

That all being said. Mirror of Madness is a pretty good album.

P.S. I've also been told by many people Petri is a massive cunt.

You have to be pretty stupid to think there is such thing as "viking" metal. All theses terms are fuckin' stupid.
Also, I like Bodom but I don't like Norther one bit.

I prefer the term "folk metal". As one can want folk in their metal band without wanting to look/be a viking...that and when I say "viking metal" people tend to go "0MG LIKE AMON AMARTH!?!?!?!"