Norther parts ways with Petri.

Although I didn't like their new material as much as their old I must say this fucking sucks.
I loved Petri's voice.
And Cliff, saying that Norther is a Bodom rip-off is also a pretty stereotype thing to say.
Norther always had a pretty unique sound imo.

Norther is boring, Ensiferum is not, I'm happy with this thread

Norther is boring, Ensiferum is not, I'm happy with this thread

Well said.

And Cliff, saying that Norther is a Bodom rip-off is also a pretty stereotype thing to say.
Norther always had a pretty unique sound imo.

Stereotype isn't the word you want to be using...
If their sound was so unique how come so many people came here to ask where to find Bodom's Final Countdown cover? :p

Stereotype isn't the word you want to be using...
If their sound was so unique how come so many people came here to ask where to find Bodom's Final Countdown cover? :p
Ah you know what I meant :p I'll use the word cliche then :lol:
Anyway, I think because the song got tagged wrong and ended up under Bodom's name on limewire etc.

Their are mediocre at best, and the last album of theirs I listend to, 'Till Death Unites Us, had some of the gayest lyrics I've ever heard. Omen was pure shit, and so was that song "fuck you"...The teen angst was just exploding out of my car stereo on that one. [...]

Basically, Petri's voice is pretty shit (although Its personally never bothered me, there are WAY better growlers), and I can't think of one solo hes done that was mind-blowing in any way. He's dull, and looks kind of like a crack addict with REALLY nice hair....

This is all true. I just still like the music, TDUU is pretty much my favourite Norther CD. N seems kinda rushed. I suppose the next CD won't, since it'll feature a guitar player who actually has enough time to compose it.

All in all: Good thing they fired Petri :cool:

Wtf? Old Ensiferum wasn't with Petri, and old Ensiferum is MUUUCH better than anything Petri has ever touched. Jari > Petri X 321483248392483924

Also Norther has sucked for a good long time now.

I know, that's what I was saying!! Ensiferum was a gazillion times better with Jari, and Norther was good with Petri. Ensiferum isn't Ensiferum with Petri, and Norther isn't Norther without Petri. So it's all fucked up.

Wtf? Old Ensiferum wasn't with Petri, and old Ensiferum is MUUUCH better than anything Petri has ever touched. Jari > Petri X 321483248392483924

Also Norther has sucked for a good long time now.

Norther isn't that good, at all :lol:
Their are mediocre at best, and the last album of theirs I listend to, 'Till Death Unites Us, had some of the gayest lyrics I've ever heard. Omen was pure shit, and so was that song "fuck you"...The teen angst was just exploding out of my car stereo on that one. I didn't give their latest release a proper listen, only heard it once or twice, didn't like it but can't remeber my specific reasons.

Basically, Petri's voice is pretty shit (although Its personally never bothered me, there are WAY better growlers), and I can't think of one solo hes done that was mind-blowing in any way. He's dull, and looks kind of like a crack addict with REALLY nice hair....

Anyway "im sure if you like bodom you like norther", is just another way of saying "I'm new to metal, so anything with a synth and sub-par 'growling' is pretty much the same." Their styles are similar, but at least Bodom used to have serious talent. Norther was just a Bodom-rip off, and have been their entire career. Petri was LUCKY to get out with Ensiferum.

That all being said. Mirror of Madness is a pretty good album.

P.S. I've also been told by many people Petri is a massive cunt.

I can sign every single point.

I love Petri's vocals, each to their own. Their first 3 albums are some of my favourite of all time... but i still like their recent stuff aswell.

Victory songs was much better than N though so I think it's the right choice... just hope Norther find a decent vocalist but i won't mind if Kride sings more...

Norther is way better, you have to be stupid to think that viking metal is better than norther, anywho there are fucked who in finland would be a good replacement, didnt he write there music too its like replacing alexi because he went to sinergy or something. i knew this would happen i was thinking one day how in the fuck do they do this. from what it sounds lke they didnt even give him a choice they just said gtfo my predictions is that norther is going to fold,or just suck for the rest of existance, haha alexi can join em and just have bodom/norther tour that would be awesome

but im sure if you like bodom you like norther

Just some things:

1. Learn to write, makes it much easier and nicer to read your posts and makes people feel more inclied to actually pay attention to what you say.

2. Your opinions are not fact.

3. No, liking Bodom doesn't imply liking Norther and liking Norther doesn't imply liking Norther. I'm a Bodom fanboy myself and I find Norther extremely dull and boring, except some songs from TDUU.

Thanks!

You guys seriously think this is a bad thing?
I dunno but i wanna hear some new stuff really fast lol.

Maybe its because I'm not that big of a fan of Norther as some people are here.

Seconded!

Necrö;8094962 said:
This is all true. I just still like the music, TDUU is pretty much my favourite Norther CD. N seems kinda rushed. I suppose the next CD won't, since it'll feature a guitar player who actually has enough time to compose it.

All in all: Good thing they fired Petri :cool:

Seconded too.

Fuck petri, I'd play for norther if i had the chance haha

Go for it! :lol: It'd be awesome, and I like your solos/playing/composition skills and evne vocals way more than Petri's, so to me it'd be an improvement for Norther :lol:

Litsend to Ensiferum for the first time on y-tube for 15 min ago. Thats fuckin awesome, not so hard to love if you think that Norther is on your top 3 metal list ;)

All the albums are incoming! :D