Norther parts ways with Petri

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
"Finnish metal band Norther parts ways with long time singer/guitarist Petri Lindroos. Norther was forced to let Petri go to be able to continue. Petri´s full time engagement in Ensiferum increasingly prevented Norther from functioning as an active band.

Petri wishes Norther all the best for the future. Current Norther crew, Kristian, Jukka, Tuomas and Heikki, wants to thank Petri for all these great years together and wishes him the best of luck with Ensiferum.

Norther was founded in 2000 and has so far released five full length albums, 2 EPs, a DVD, four singles and a movie soundtrack for a Finnish film V2. During the years Norther has done extensive touring with bands like Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy, Turisas, Finntroll etc. Norther is currently signed to Century Media Records (Europe and USA) and Marquee Avalon (Japan).

Additional information concerning the recruitment of a new singer will be provided soon.

I can understand this since he was busy with Ensiferum, but this sucks.

I am from the US and obviously they have never toured here so I was hoping that one day I would finally see them. I still might but it won't be the same without Petri.

I thought "N" sucked but I didn't really care about new albums anymore. I just wanted to see them live one time with Petri. Guess that's not gonna happen anymore. :mad:

Sad news.....but thanks for, uh, dishing out the dirt for us. (g,d&r)

I'd play them more often on WREKage as a counterpoint to CoB, but, like CoB, Norther swears a bit too often. :cry:

Even in the "metal wonderland" :p (aka Finland) most full-time musicians have to work with more than one band, or at least take part in occasional projects to be able to bring food on table at times when the main band isn't touring or working with new releases. The "multitasking" will become a problem when both/all bands a musician is involved with will progress on their career and start requesting stronger commitment from all members. At that point it's time to decide which job will be the most important for one's future, a not-so-easy task when the dumped band may very easily feel betrayed.

Of the two, Norther and Ensiferum, the latter has gained more international success and they've been more actively touring in recent times, so I can undestand Petri's choice very well. Then again, Norther shall find a replacement in no time, it's not that there's actually a lack of good young metal singers in this country. Metal is kind of 'hip' here for some peculiar reasons.

Of the two, Norther and Ensiferum, the latter has gained more international success and they've been more actively touring in recent times, so I can undestand Petri's choice very well. Then again, Norther shall find a replacement in no time, it's not that there's actually a lack of good young metal singers in this country. Metal is kind of 'hip' here for some peculiar reasons.

It's because y'all are cool. :)

Play "A Fallen Star"

No swearing...and their best song :kickass:

Man, sorry I didn't see this before the show, or I would have.

Then again, the phones were crazy last night with calls and requests, so I would probably have gotten distracted or something. :ill::heh:

IMO Norther kicks the shit out of Ensiferum but thats just me!! Bummer dude. I think this could be a great opportunity for the band to take things to the next level with someone bigger and better....

Bear

It's because y'all are cool. :)

Man, sorry I didn't see this before the show, or I would have.

Then again, the phones were crazy last night with calls and requests, so I would probably have gotten distracted or something. :ill::heh:

It's cool...I always forget to listen

I have only heard Wrekage once...lol

I can never remember. I wish I had something to remind me.