Norther parts ways with Petri.

:lol: vampster still announces Jari Mäenpää as Norther´s new one, they really believed it

Haha epic joke :lol:

I actually shat my pants when i first read it haha.

yeah i believed it too, i was so mad

Jari is far too good for Norther and I'm a huuuge Norther fan (well upto Death Unlimited anyway)

Yeah that joke was really good.

And WTF it's Alexi's birthday today, it's the first thing I thought of when I woke up today, yet I have no idea why.

ALEXI IN NORTHER !!

But obviously not the real one.

"Finnish metal outfit Norther has announced Aleksi Sihvonen (Medicated, ex-Imperanon) as replacement for ex-vocalist Petri Lindroos, who had left the band recently due to his commitments to Ensiferum. Norther states:

"After a hard search for a new vocalist we are honoured to announce Aleksi Sihvonen as our new lead singer. He's a creative and diverse vocalist with loads of experience. He will surely add new input to the band with his talent and variable singing styles, and most importantly: his personality fits to the band perfectly.

Besides this we have recruited, our old friend, Daniel Freyberg [Naildown] as live guitarist to complete our team. We also want to thank all of you worldwide who applied for the new vocalist spot!

We hereby welcome our great new guys, Aleksi and Daniel, to the band and we will present you the fresh Norther line-up live soon!"

Aleksi Sihvonen adds:
"Sometimes life can take you to places you wouldn't even imagine going to. So, here I am and I'm very grateful and humbly honoured to be part of the Norther family.

I feel I've met the band I've always wanted to be in. Like every musician I want to make the very effort to improve my skills as much as possible and push myself to the limits and in Norther I feel that I'm able to use my voice as full and diverse as I've always wanted to.
I'm very excited on working on new material, practicing and playing shows everywhere possible!! See you all soon!!"

- Metalstorm

Awesome, his chorus is a lot better than the original and it doesn't sound gay like the previous version.

FUCKING YES! Aleksi has a killer voice.
But why doesn't he play the guitar too? :(
He did with Imperanon right?

Am I the only one who found the choice unfair? I mean is a very good choice for them, but for the fans it was a chance to be in their favorite band. It's like if Bodom had made an audition when Alex got out and then all the fans were exited and sending them recordings, weeks later surprise!! an already famous guy made it into the band.

Am I the only one who found the choice unfair? I mean is a very good choice for them, but for the fans it was a chance to be in their favorite band. It's like if Bodom had made an audition when Alex got out and then all the fans were exited and sending them recordings, weeks later surprise!! an already famous guy made it into the band.

This.

Hmmm, how is it unfair? I would hardly say Aleksi is 'famous'... 1 album with Imperanon? and it makes a LOT of sense, for starters - the main reason, he lvies in Helsinki! He's Finnish! He was the best applicant... and so on.

Anyone who realistically thought it would be a foreigner was fooling themselves.

I believe that a fan should not be in band. I just find it a bit weird, they'd probably be fanboi'ish and shit, just making things awkward. I can't really explain the feeling, but it would be pretty bad, IMO.

I like the new singer!

I believe that a fan should not be in band. I just find it a bit weird, they'd probably be fanboi'ish and shit, just making things awkward. I can't really explain the feeling, but it would be pretty bad, IMO.

I like the new singer!

I like it too!! Maybe he will Norther a good band, but meh whatever I was just trying to make a point :p And not all the fans in the world are fanboys, like Martin Lopez, he was a fan when he joined Opeth and he wasn't all fanboyish :lol:

Jason Newstead was a huge Metallica fan.

But then again, John Frusciante was also a huge RHCP fan, and that obviously turned out well (to say the least).

Nice. :lol:

I actually agree with you, though. My point was really just that it goes both ways, depending on the situation and circumstances.

Nerve said:
But obviously not the real one.

lols

Jason Newstead didn't exactly fare well in Metallica either mind. I really liked the imperanon album actually,and Naildown are quite decent. I approve. Off to listen to the frozen angel audition now..

His Frozen Angel version has a horrible clean vocals, and the scream in the beginning was terrible. But otherwise pretty good. And I think that it's better for them to get a finnish guy from their home town than some over-zealous fan from south-america who doesn't speak finnish at all.