Nostalgia Nocturna (Saw you drown)

Delmonica

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2007
Monterrey
So, here I am on the second of December, one year have past and I can’t avoid the nostalgia invading me. So it seems this is good bye my dear friend.

I barely post anything in this forum although I do often visit it, therefore excuse me the intromission in your daily threats, I reckon that posting something that has nothing to do with you is not really neat... but since you are like Katatonia so much as I do, I suppose that more than once have you identified yourself with the lyrics and I'm sure that more than once have you felt all that atmosphere that only Katatonia can create.

So here it comes...

One year exactly has past since I lost one of the most important and beautiful person that I have ever met in my life. He was always smiling, always telling those amazing stories; he always listened to what we had to say, one of a kind, so human, so simple, and so full of life. He changed my perspective, he made me look beyond my selfish life, he made me leave behind all that bullshit that life brings sometimes, he made me focus in what is really important in this path we walk, he made me feel how beautiful was being alive. I owe him so much, I owe him the new person that I' ve become and I regret so much that I never tell him how much I admire him and how much he meant to me, so I can't stop feeling nostalgic tonight for all the things that I should have say and never did.

Today i was listening Saw you drown and I felt a chill down my spine when I heard these lyrics.

"In the water
I saw you drown
Down the water
I saw you drown

As through my shattered sight
You're no longer here
And my heart cries
Sleeping through the light
Another way to change my mind
Never is the day
To leave it all behind
The only way to stay”

Until this day, I keep wondering: “Why he had to die that way?”
When I heard that he died drown at the ocean I closed my eyes trying to figure out the panic and the distress he felt in his last moments. The lifeguards could rescued his body minutes later but it was to late... and then I heard that he was going to have a memorial service I was so pissed of with his family for doing that, he never believed in Church Why his family didn't respect his will, I guess they didn't know his beliefs, even though of this, I walked to the church to say goodbye, I leave at the service because I couldn't stand seeing his beliefs being betrayed. And I didn't want to know where he was going to be buried (until this day I still don't know). I didn't wanted to accept how a good person like him had died Why him above all? Why God didn't choose a rapist, or a murderer? Why he had to point his finger on him and not on all the sick and depraved persons in the world? So at that time I couldn't say goodbye.

A few days after his death, I remembered that I have his book saved in my pc. When I decided to read it I couldn't past the first chapter, it was so painful to me realize that that was the last time that I could hear what he had to say, all his beliefs, all his feelings, everything he was, rest on that book I couldn't read it at that time so I couldn't said goodbye. But i think this is the day to say it, so tonight I’m going to read it, and I will say goodbye to you my dear friend.

Rest in peace G. G. R.

Those lyrics are chilling on how one can interpret those lyrics as literal or as something else depending on the persons life...

It is true that good people often die while horrible criminals and such might live long lives...life is terribly unfair that way.

Your story brought some deja vu to me. My friends and their father went on a boating trip about 10 years ago. And somehow their father fell off the boat and my friend was holding on to him, but he was too heavy and my friend was too small to keep holding so he let go and his father sank to the bottom...washed up a few days later...I don't know how he got through that...I would have been too weak to go on in life.

I really appreciated your touching story. I hope you find peace some day, if you haven't already. Losing a friend is hard and I've been through it. May yours rest in peace.

it's sad so sad, the pain that you feel inside after the loss and in a so tragic way is incalculable, you wake up, open your eyes and your chest aches no stop you hope it's a nightmare but it is not, you have to face your day and your life seems to be finished.
i think that you have to find the strenght in his memory, ha was a positive person as you sad, so try to live for him everyday! this great loss cant be deleted but trasformated. I'm so sorry

about the parents decision, to have a memorial or something, well I cant understand, in that circumstances my parents, i'm sure, will do the opposite i would, so I can comprehend them.

I visit often my friend's grave and I talk to her, so often, that I feel well, she's gone but I live for her everyday.

Your story brought some deja vu to me. My friends and their father went on a boating trip about 10 years ago. And somehow their father fell off the boat and my friend was holding on to him, but he was too heavy and my friend was too small to keep holding so he let go and his father sank to the bottom...washed up a few days later...I don't know how he got through that...I would have been too weak to go on in life.

I really appreciated your touching story. I hope you find peace some day, if you haven't already. Losing a friend is hard and I've been through it. May yours rest in peace.

That story is so sad... i´m not even close to imagine what your friend have felt. I guess the best thing we can do is keep theirs memories alive, and remember the way they used to live and the moments we shared together.

it's sad so sad, the pain that you feel inside after the loss and in a so tragic way is incalculable, you wake up, open your eyes and your chest aches no stop you hope it's a nightmare but it is not, you have to face your day and your life seems to be finished.
i think that you have to find the strenght in his memory, ha was a positive person as you sad, so try to live for him everyday! this great loss cant be deleted but trasformated. I'm so sorry

about the parents decision, to have a memorial or something, well I cant understand, in that circumstances my parents, i'm sure, will do the opposite i would, so I can comprehend them.

I visit often my friend's grave and I talk to her, so often, that I feel well, she's gone but I live for her everyday.

"live for him every day" that´s something that I´ll keep in mind, but I don´t want to visit his grave, I think I´m not ready yet.

i am deeply saddened by your story. a very good friend of mine drowned 3 years ago late in the summer. i was devastated. i had just lost another good friend ( the nicest person i had ever known) a year prior to a nightclub fire, so losing another good friend in such a horrible way so soon afterwards was really hard to deal with. my friend who drowned was also one of the nicest, most positive people i had ever known. i still think about my friends all the time and try to honor them by being positive and following the great examples they set. i'm sorry for your loss.

The lifeguards could rescued his body minutes later but it was to late... and then I I didn't wanted to accept how a good person like him had died Why him above all? Why God didn't choose a rapist, or a murderer? Why he had to point his finger on him and not on all the sick and depraved persons in the world? So at that time I couldn't say goodbye.

Your friend sounds like an amazing person, I'm sorry for your loss. I often wonder why a horrible person is allowed to live & thrive, and good people die or are made to suffer so much. I really still don't have a good answer for that, and I don't even know if I believe in God anymore, at least not the common individuals' perception of what God is or is "supposed" to be. Sometimes everything that happens in this world seems random, with no rhyme or reason.