not publishing their lyrics

AlphaTemplar

Morgan Freeman
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
What do you think of Hypo not publishing their lyrics? Personally I think its slightly annoying because Peter can be hard to understand and their lyrics arent particularly horrible, but on the other hand its cool because it forces you to listen to the music more.

What albums do they not publish lyrics in the booklets?

I know Virus has them... Does The Arrival? I don't think so... I'm not at home so I can't check my CDs.

I think they should. Every metal band should because lyrics are just as artistic as the music.

What kind of fucking hypocrisy fans dont know what booklets have the lyrics? You are all posers. GEt out GET OUT GET OUT

Maybe they want to release like a 100 page book with all their lyrics as some sort of addition to their next 'greatest hits' and 'live' album/DVD sorta limited edition collecter item release

yall know you'd want it

sounds like good marketing to me

Jeez dude, maybe not every person on the forum owns every album? That's not being a poser.

I do agree that it would be a good idea to put the lyrics in ALL the albums... Rebirth from Pain also didn't have the lyrics in the booklet. Although you can get both online easily, it's still nice to have in the book. You never know when you're on a road trip and trying to sing lyrics and need to know what the hell he's saying sometimes. :D

Yup. This question again. It's been asked for years by hypocrisy fans. It's fucking stupid that it is impossible for the fans to ever know the true lyrics of the band they so love - and I have never heard a good explanation as to why they aren't available. Fuck, I think it's even in the cover jacket of "The Fourth Demension" that actually says something like "NO LYRICS FROM ANY ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE!" - as if the band is irritated that the fans who support them would like to know the lyrics to their favorite songs and "harass" the band by writing letters, asking them about them in person, etc. But that was years ago the Fourth Demension was released, surely there's no excuse why they aren't available NOW in this information age. At the very least there should be some explanation as to why I'll never be able to growl along to my favorite old Hypocrisy tunes. Though, the only explanation I can think of would be "Uh, we forogt them." :erk:

FORGOT THEM?

THEYRE RECORDED

who better than Peter himself could recognise and recall what he was saying in a given recording...

maybe he just thinks its homo when fans are screaming the lyrics while he's on stage trying to sing

that would be as rude as guys bringing their guitars and trying to drown out the guitarist playing at the show :p

You know, even if there aren't printed lyrics, there are always other ways to attain them. For example, I've been wondering what the hell Peter's really been saying in the opening verse of "Elastic Inverted Visions".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I squeeze until you're dead
I can feel it
All your energy is low
you better believe it
I'll destroy you in my arms
You will be gone
In time, you see the things we've done
I'll see you in hell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I never would've been able to figure this out so I've always assumed on and sung along with a slightly off-center version...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've squeezed a million tits
I can feel it
All you really need is love
You better believe it
I'll destroy you with my ass
You won't belong
It's all the shit that makes me burn
I'll see you in hell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try playing the song and reading those lyrics with the verse. It's frighteningly hilarious.

But yeah, www.darklyrics.com

courtcomposer said:
You know, even if there aren't printed lyrics, there are always other ways to attain them. For example, I've been wondering what the hell Peter's really been saying in the opening verse of "Elastic Inverted Visions".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I squeeze until you're dead
I can feel it
All your energy is low
you better believe it
I'll destroy you in my arms
You will be gone
In time, you see the things we've done
I'll see you in hell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I never would've been able to figure this out so I've always assumed on and sung along with a slightly off-center version...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've squeezed a million tits
I can feel it
All you really need is love
You better believe it
I'll destroy you with my ass
You won't belong
It's all the shit that makes me burn
I'll see you in hell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try playing the song and reading those lyrics with the verse. It's frighteningly hilarious.

But yeah, www.darklyrics.com

AHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

actually thats very childish but a friend and I use to listen to Hypocrisy and hear ON PURPOSE that kind of crap...

for instance :

Fearless : Like a butt I'll release my anger, I'll be peeling your (fore)skin

Until the end : Gonorrhea til then end..figurine of yourself....

we have a zillions more but I kinda forgot but em right now, anyway you guys see the point, I think its pretty funny :p, it laos works pretty well with Suffocation :D

so yeah
rock on

psYchotic-eYes said:
one .:: XVI ::.

[Instrumental]

two .:: War-Path ::.

We arise from the ashes below
To battle and crush the holy war

Yeah guys, get it ;) and publish everyone please ..

why're you spamming the lyrics from Virus? we've all had them for months
:loco:

Didn't Peter once say in an interview that he doesn't put lyrics because he's never completetly satisfied with them?

oh yeah, he did say that in an interview. wasn't it a Metal Maniacs interview a few years ago?

to Supernova:

Until the end : Gonorrhea til then end..figurine of yourself....

haha, that's fucking hilarious. childish, sure. but hilarious, still.

Seditious said:
why're you spamming the lyrics from Virus? we've all had them for months
:loco:

:Smug: sorry man, i supposed that the virus's lyrics arent published, because i haven't read contents of this thread :D anyway i deleted the message.

nah, i like the mystery of not having the lyrics. i got virus and was like what is this?? i dont even want to read them. i like the fold out cd cases with cool pictures and no booklet. maybe it's a little bit cold shoulder to a fan expecting a booklet but that's the intriguing part.

then it makes you go search or piece it together with your friends. and you compare translations and maybe it's still wrong! that's how you know a tr00 Hypocrite, if he thinks he knows lyrics!

although it was really cool of Dan to post Arrival lyrics...maybe if they just gave a few hints on the parts that leave holes ??? like that.

I don't care about reading the lyrics. Peter's a modest guy who doesn't think they're worth publishing. Hell maybe he's right. After all, English isn't his first language.