not publishing their lyrics

Oh I believe it. However, if you read the lyrics Peter has put out, there are grammatical errors in them. At least the ones I've read.

AlphaTemplar said:
A lot of scandinavians have a bigger english vocabulary than most of my American friends.

sad but true...

I mean, hell, we all take English, but we don't seem to care as much for grammatical accuracy as people learning it as a second language do (and I'm not American, it's just a general thing)

Susperia said:
Oh I believe it. However, if you read the lyrics Peter has put out, there are grammatical errors in them. At least the ones I've read.

but are those fan transcriptions or actual published lyrics from the band... : )

Seditious said:
FORGOT THEM?

THEYRE RECORDED

who better than Peter himself could recognise and recall what he was saying in a given recording...

maybe he just thinks its homo when fans are screaming the lyrics while he's on stage trying to sing

that would be as rude as guys bringing their guitars and trying to drown out the guitarist playing at the show :p

First off, I'm sorry that you are not high enough up on the intellectual food chain to pick up my sarcasm. :Spin: The point, obviously, is that there is no excuse for the lyrics to be completely unavailable to all the fans who would like to know them. Yes, Peter IS one of the very few people who could tell us, so why doesn't he?

Secondly, I'm assuming the second part of your post is sarcasm on your part. Good job. :headbang:

courtcomposer said:
You know, even if there aren't printed lyrics, there are always other ways to attain them. For example, I've been wondering what the hell Peter's really been saying in the opening verse of "Elastic Inverted Visions".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I squeeze until you're dead
I can feel it
All your energy is low
you better believe it
I'll destroy you in my arms
You will be gone
In time, you see the things we've done
I'll see you in hell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I never would've been able to figure this out so I've always assumed on and sung along with a slightly off-center version...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've squeezed a million tits
I can feel it
All you really need is love
You better believe it
I'll destroy you with my ass
You won't belong
It's all the shit that makes me burn
I'll see you in hell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try playing the song and reading those lyrics with the verse. It's frighteningly hilarious.

But yeah, www.darklyrics.com

The lyrics provided at darklyrics, as with any other site you can find, are not correct. We fans have done our best at those sites to submit and improve upon lyrics provided, but we've failed to decipher complete songs that make sense.

Until official lyrics are released (and it looks like they never will be) there will be NO other way to attain them.

masakistjg said:
Didn't Peter once say in an interview that he doesn't put lyrics because he's never completetly satisfied with them?

Is that good enough for you? I love Peter but that's about the lamest thing I've ever heard outside of Christianity. Is he "completely" satisfied with the music he makes on every single disc? If not, maybe he should start storing the original tapes in his basement and have BLANK Cd's shipped in each album's jewel case. :loco: If the lyrics are good enough to sing (growl) they ought to be good enough to let fans in on what is being said.

A band ought to be proud of their art and submit it for all to judge. Seriously, what other band refuses to allow fans to know their lyrics?

Metal88 said:
The point, obviously, is that there is no excuse for the lyrics to be completely unavailable to all the fans who would like to know them.

that's about the best superiority complex I've seen since leaving high school

growing up can be hard, but you'll manage some day.

Seditious said:
that's about the best superiority complex I've seen since leaving high school

growing up can be hard, but you'll manage some day.

Or maybe it's just a statement of common sense. Even if you are only a year out of high school, it shouldn't be hard to see that the lyrics make up a substantial part of the artistic meaning in music. Therefore, if the lyrics are unavailable, the listener is cheated as he/she cannot absorb the art in full.

And by the way, one need not have a "complex" or be inmature in order to feel above others, it could just be that the person is vastly superior. :tickled:

Metal88 said:
it shouldn't be hard to see that the lyrics make up a substantial part of the artistic meaning in music. Therefore, if the lyrics are unavailable, the listener is cheated as he/she cannot absorb the art in full.

if you can't see the infrared spectrum it's not up to divinci to buy you infrared goggles so you can enjoy the full scope of his art - oh wait, no, he was just CHEATING US ALL, bastard

if you can't hear the music, don't listen to it, if you need to see drum tabs and guitar riffs and lyrics all written down neatly as if you're a deaf person then maybe music isn't for you

GIVE US YOUR RIFFS AND DRUM TABS YOU BASTARD, DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HEAR EVERY CYMBAL YOU HIT? IM NOT LISTENING TO MUSIC TO HEAR THINGS YA KNOW.

I DEMAND IT IN WRITING

[/youbeingahomorant]

This used to really bother me, too, but now I don't really care any more. If Peter doesn't want to release all the lyrics that's up to him.

Maybe he's a little embarrased about the lyrics not being perfect since English isn't his first language. I'd still like to know all the lyrics, but it doesn't really bother me any more.

would be cool if they did a few songs in swedish or whatever the fuck, like how Carpathian Forest have a song or two in Norwegian

Metal88 said:
Is that good enough for you? I love Peter but that's about the lamest thing I've ever heard outside of Christianity. Is he "completely" satisfied with the music he makes on every single disc? If not, maybe he should start storing the original tapes in his basement and have BLANK Cd's shipped in each album's jewel case. :loco: If the lyrics are good enough to sing (growl) they ought to be good enough to let fans in on what is being said.

A band ought to be proud of their art and submit it for all to judge. Seriously, what other band refuses to allow fans to know their lyrics?

woah woah woah.. Don't hurt yourself there. So now your going to start bashing other Hypocrisy fans? Nice.

God damn. Stop bitching already. Hypocrisy doesn't have to put their lyrics.

Seditious said:
if you can't see the infrared spectrum it's not up to divinci to buy you infrared goggles so you can enjoy the full scope of his art - oh wait, no, he was just CHEATING US ALL, bastard

I can see you have no experience using analogies and so I'm going to volunteer my time to help you so that you may learn to use them properly in the future. In the example of Hypocrisy not providing lyrics, there is no handicaped person whom I'm arguing should be "helped" - which is what happens in your example. This makes your analogy completly invalid. Aside from this, even in letting your error slide completely, the handicapped individual could get the goggles and view the art, which the person in my example cannot do. Therefore, even your FAULTY analgoy does not address the point whatsoever.

Until you learn how to use analogies properly, I suggest keeping it simple and responding to what I said directly - something you have failed to do thus far.

if you can't hear the music, don't listen to it,

You act as if one would have a choice? Interesting.

if you need to see drum tabs and guitar riffs and lyrics all written down neatly as if you're a deaf person then maybe music isn't for you

Drum tabs and guitar riffs neatly written down would help a deaf person, how??

No offense, but it's starting to sound like you're not even equipped to be having this discussion. Of course music is for me, and not just b/c I'm not deaf.:Smug: Since you apparently somehow missed this, let me tell you again that I simply hold the opinion that the lyrics from the band I support should be available. Do you think I should not be allowed to hold and express that opinion?

GIVE US YOUR RIFFS AND DRUM TABS YOU BASTARD, DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HEAR EVERY CYMBAL YOU HIT? IM NOT LISTENING TO MUSIC TO HEAR THINGS YA KNOW.

I DEMAND IT IN WRITING

I'm not even going to address this on account of it being too far beneath me to be taken seriously.

Rob K said:
I'd still like to know all the lyrics, but it doesn't really bother me any more.

Hey Rob. Thanks for joining the discussion. It doesn't actually bother me "too" much anymore, as I have gotten well used to listening to Hypocrisy without the lyrical knowlege. Back in the day it used to bother me more b/c the music was still fresh and I hated not knowing the words. Fans like you and I will always have to just wonder about them, I suppose.

masakistjg said:
woah woah woah.. Don't hurt yourself there. So now your going to start bashing other Hypocrisy fans? Nice.

Not that this is gonna help you much, but it's "you're" not "your" - and no, I'm not going to start bashing Hypocrisy fans or anyone else unprovoked. What makes you think I'd do something like that?

God damn. Stop bitching already.

Satan damn. If you'd like to say something intelligent, like maybe *respond* to what I actually said as opposed to taking time out of your day to post that I'm "bitching" we would all love to listen.

Hypocrisy doesn't have to put their lyrics

Obviously they don't have to "put" their lyrics, else how could we even be having this discussion? I am a fan among many others who would much LIKE to have the lyrics, and I don't think it's much to ask seeing how easy it would be for them to be provided to the fans whom the band could not exist without. I really don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Metal88 said:
Not that this is gonna help you much, but it's "you're" not "your" - and no, I'm not going to start bashing Hypocrisy fans or anyone else unprovoked. What makes you think I'd do something like that?

Satan damn. If you'd like to say something intelligent, like maybe *respond* to what I actually said as opposed to taking time out of your day to post that I'm "bitching" we would all love to listen.

Obviously they don't have to "put" their lyrics, else how could we even be having this discussion? I am a fan among many others who would much LIKE to have the lyrics, and I don't think it's much to ask seeing how easy it would be for them to be provided to the fans whom the band could not exist without. I really don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

ha! Are you going to give me a ticket for misspelling a word on the internet? haha!

I wont waste my time to respond to your other comments.

I too like most other Hypocrisy fans would like lyrics with the booklet. It just doesn't bother me enough to make a thread on a forum. The only thing that would be nice, is having lyrics to the inaudible parts.